Pics
I fed Snek yesterday night.
By the way, the black coloration on his face went away after he shed! That reinforces the idea that it was just newspaper ink. I am quite relieved.
What does he eat?

So I know this may sound bad to some (to me it’s just the circle of life, everything needs to eat), but I learned that many bigger reptiles will eat chicks. Our rehabilitation zoo here feeds chicks to their reptiles and bigger birds to the gators.

What does he eat?

So I know this may sound bad to some (to me it’s just the circle of life, everything needs to eat), but I learned that many bigger reptiles will eat chicks. Our rehabilitation zoo here feeds chicks to their reptiles and bigger birds to the gators.
He eats frozen-thawed small rats. I get them from Layne Labs. I hear they have frozen chicks too.

My cornsnake Noodle is coming up on 17 years old! I had to take him in to work a couple weeks ago because I fed him and then he didn't poop for like two and a half weeks and he was really mopey which just wasn't like him. We x-rayed him and didn't see anything obvious so I gave him some warm water soaks for a few days and FINALLY he pooped last week, followed by a shed. Definitely feels better now :p. Back to zooming around like normal! This dude's just not going to stop.

My youngest cat is still terrified of him lol. I mean it's not like she is far more dangerous to him than the other way around or anything.

My cornsnake Noodle is coming up on 17 years old! I had to take him in to work a couple weeks ago because I fed him and then he didn't poop for like two and a half weeks and he was really mopey which just wasn't like him. We x-rayed him and didn't see anything obvious so I gave him some warm water soaks for a few days and FINALLY he pooped last week, followed by a shed. Definitely feels better now :p. Back to zooming around like normal! This dude's just not going to stop.

My youngest cat is still terrified of him lol. I mean it's not like she is far more dangerous to him than the other way around or anything.
Wow, 17 years old! Noodle is a great snake name! Glad he is feeling better. At least your cat doesn't think he's a cat toy...

His x-rays looked really good, too! No signs of arthritis in his many many many vertebral joints :p.

My older cat Shadow would love to play with Noodle, but he hates her. Whenever she gets near his tank he 'rattles' his tail. I've never let them interact, never even gotten Noodle out of his tank when Shadow's in the room. Just not going to take any chances. Even though Shadow is very gentle with the guinea pigs. A snake looks too much like a fun piece of string I think.

5F00E5A1-06E9-4991-BB85-8EC11CA41C6F.jpeg
6CDF4D6F-5910-4E95-A2D5-8B350C8523E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom