Pics
Hey I didn’t know there was a reptiles thread! Here’s my beardies, Little Guy the handicapped bearded dragon and Ziggy! They are siblings and they get along great because of little guys accident. Little Guy’s growth was stunted so he is very small.View attachment 2756848View attachment 2756850
Sorry if I interrupted your conversation guys :p
I love them both!! :love and you didn’t interrupt anything! Open to anyone!

Sure! I’d love to hear it!
So, when my brother bought these lizards we were all completely inexperienced. I mean we got them the right lights and setup and everything but we barely did any research. So we did not know everything we needed to.
So we fed them every day, we would just throw some crickets in there and leave them be. That means there were quite a few crickets left in there. We didn’t know you were supposed to take crickets out at night, biggest mistake we made! We woke up in the morning and went downstairs to feed the lizards and low and behold the crickets had eaten off little guys back feet and part of his left side. We thought he was a goner for sure, so we got a little cracker box and put him in there to let him pass peacefully (if this had been my lizard then I would’ve brought him to the vet but my mom hates spending money on the vet and we were all too young) So we just let him be on the counter for about an hour. After that my mom checked on him and he was doing great, his eyes were full of life and he was not ready to die. Then we decided to nurse him back to health, we were still unsure if he would make it but we did the best we could to help him.
Little guy barely grew at all after that, he has a very bad shaped spine and he still had the curve in his side but he is doing great otherwise! He and Ziggy are now my lizards and I am finally experienced in how to care for them!

Some people might find the picture of Little Guy’s legs disturbing so if you don’t think you can handle it don’t keep scrolling. He’s completely healed now so it’s not nasty or anything.

Picture below
image.jpg
image.jpg

So, when my brother bought these lizards we were all completely inexperienced. I mean we got them the right lights and setup and everything but we barely did any research. So we did not know everything we needed to.
So we fed them every day, we would just throw some crickets in there and leave them be. That means there were quite a few crickets left in there. We didn’t know you were supposed to take crickets out at night, biggest mistake we made! We woke up in the morning and went downstairs to feed the lizards and low and behold the crickets had eaten off little guys back feet and part of his left side. We thought he was a goner for sure, so we got a little cracker box and put him in there to let him pass peacefully (if this had been my lizard then I would’ve brought him to the vet but my mom hates spending money on the vet and we were all too young) So we just let him be on the counter for about an hour. After that my mom checked on him and he was doing great, his eyes were full of life and he was not ready to die. Then we decided to nurse him back to health, we were still unsure if he would make it but we did the best we could to help him.
Little guy barely grew at all after that, he has a very bad shaped spine and he still had the curve in his side but he is doing great otherwise! He and Ziggy are now my lizards and I am finally experienced in how to care for them!

Some people might find the picture of Little Guy’s legs disturbing so if you don’t think you can handle it don’t keep scrolling. He’s completely healed now so it’s not nasty or anything.

Picture below
View attachment 2757101View attachment 2757110
2BBBBFB3-194D-4BE0-9EC0-2E937FDF1E2C.jpeg

Here’s the size comparison btw!

Back
Top Bottom