Pics
Very cool! How do their care requirements differ from those of ball pythons? (I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions. Feel free to answer at your leisure).
They don't like to be hot for one, they don't do very well on paper towels, they are much better eaters, they aren't picky, they're very handleable. They are much more of a beginner snake than balls.

They don't like to be hot for one, they don't do very well on paper towels, they are much better eaters, they aren't picky, they're very handleable. They are much more of a beginner snake than balls.
Sounds good! What is their preferred substrate? Snek, the ball python, is my first snake and probably the easiest pet I have owned. He is quite picky about food, though, and not so keen on being handled. He refused 2 rats in a row last month (and frozen rats are pretty expensive)!

I would really like a tegu @JadeFarms , is it true that they can eat canned cat food as their main diet? We have a blue tounged skink who is about 23 years old, does anyone else have one? Soon we are getting an African clawed frog though. I will get some pic tomorrow. Besides chickens, that is all the reptiles we have currently.

Sounds good! What is their preferred substrate? Snek, the ball python, is my first snake and probably the easiest pet I have owned. He is quite picky about food, though, and not so keen on being handled. He refused 2 rats in a row last month (and frozen rats are pretty expensive)!
They like the pine substrate but make sure it's for snakes bc some people say kiln dried when it's not.
Yeah, I have 2 ball pythons and one of them is pretty picky sometimes. All of my snakes are on live feed though and eat pretty good

Naughty Snek! Your mum worked hard to put that food on the table :old (also how I feel when my lizards refuse their food)

I would really like a tegu @JadeFarms , is it true that they can eat canned cat food as their main diet? We have a blue tounged skink who is about 23 years old, does anyone else have one? Soon we are getting an African clawed frog though. I will get some pic tomorrow. Besides chickens, that is all the reptiles we have currently.
I have an african clawed frog lol, I love to boop him. Mine is a blue eyed leucistic. You can feed tegus canned cat food but that's not the healthiest diet for them. Raw meats such as chicken and rats/mice are really good for them though! They do eat very similarly to the blue tounged skink though

They can eat canned cat food but it’s better to give them a variety.

I have an african clawed frog lol, I love to boop him. Mine is a blue eyed leucistic. You can feed tegus canned cat food but that's not the healthiest diet for them. Raw meats such as chicken and rats/mice are really good for them though! They do eat very similarly to the blue tounged skink though
We have fed our blue tounged skin with canned cat food and powder supplements all his life, (of course with occasional tomato worms, crickets, strawberry, etc.) Would it be a similar diet? More meat?

Back
Top Bottom