Pics
Best of both worlds 😀

Attachments

• BCB86F6C-2D25-4E89-9A11-8D68E61A7260.jpeg
    BCB86F6C-2D25-4E89-9A11-8D68E61A7260.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 3
Thank you so much! You’ve been really helpful! The whole online thing is just still a little weird and new to me I guess. Especially how some of them say you can have your animal the next day or within a few days or whatever. To me that’s weird cause it’s a living thing haha but then again I’ve bought chicks online several times which I forgot about for a sec so I guess maybe not that different? But reptiles live a lot longer and you don’t specific specimens with chicks. I would never buy a dog or whatever online for example haha so weird how you can just order animals now like you can a book from Amazon 😂 it’s really cool though but I feel like I’d like to see the animal. Then again I still bank exclusively in person too cause I like going in 😂🙈
Mailing them is quite safe, but sounds super weird for sure. This is Hoshi in his little deli container the day he was delivered 🥺
DD3D2CF0-A2AB-49C6-9975-25C80D58AA08.jpeg

Any reptile lovers here!?

I didn’t used to be a huge fan of them although I always thought they were cool. Anyway, I’ve recently been researching a lot and now I love them :lau

Thought I would start a thread so I don’t clog up or hijack any other threads rambling about them. :lau :oops:

I tried to find other reptile threads before starting my own but I couldn’t find any active ones. Most were from at least a few years ago. And this section of the forum in particular just doesn’t really seem to be very active lately. But I figured I would try. So I’m starting this one.

Anyway, any reptile lovers out there!? I know there have to be some!

Feel free to post pictures of your animals or list what you have or whatever! :D

Oh and also since I know a lot of reptile owners own both, you can post your amphibians and/or insects and/or hermit crabs too if you own any or whatever. All creepy crawlies and slitheries welcome. :)

But yeah.

I myself am hoping to eventually get a crested gecko, leopard gecko, bearded dragon, corn snake, or all of the above. :lau

Soooo....

Post away! :D
I have an eastern box turtle

And 2 eastern spadefoot toads
Snapchat-1160806189.jpg

That's all I have for this thread but I would love a snake but I'm all chickened out right now lol
Snapchat-556280600.jpg

@TheDawg my .02c on your first snake.

Obtaining: Please avoid CL. Even if the snake is in perfect health, it will probably not be the EXACT one you want. In my experience, owning one snake is as enjoyable as owning 6 (have done both) so at least to start, just get one and plan to just have one. One you LOVE. The online retailers can work, but with the USPS how it is, and it being the hottest months of the year, it is not the greatest option. Also, buying an animal with a 30 year life span without laying eyes on it first just puts a bad taste in my mouth. The answer...EXPO!! There is one in Boston and one in Manchester NH a few times a year. They are soooo fun and you can see the animals and speak to the breeders and get all the food/suppluies you need for your snake right there. I recently bought Lilith my boa at the Manchester expo and it was a fabulous experience, one of many I have had purchasing reptiles at expos. I also have life long support from the breeder, Noa's Boas.
Choosing: Obviously this is all preference/opinion, but why spend money/drool over BP morphs. BPs in my opinion are boring pets, hiding a lot and curling up when held. If you are set on one, why not a "normal"? They are sooo beautiful, with a variance in colors from light brown and cream to deep black and gold. But even better, think about some other species! There are so many beautiful "normal" species that there is something for everyone's fancy. From desert to high rainforests beautiful snakes abound. Research a few species and fall in love with their way of life as well as them. Do you want to see your snake burrow? Tree climb? Pounce on food? Gently accept it? Explore when held? Defensive? There are so many options and for me, BPs just don't check enough boxes.

I have had many snakes and even more reptiles. I love talking about them and would love to help you if you have any questions please fell free to ask!

Back
Top Bottom