I’m in love with the grey ones the most. And the first one. The orange one. Apparently it’s an amel stripe but with a lighter base/ground color. The two grey ones are apparently anery stripe and anery motley, respectively. And I really really need 😭 that said, looking up the anery motley got me looking into other motleys too and I love them all. 😍😍😍
Aneries are adorbs. That's part of the reason why I went with a snow, she'll throw anery if my male carries it.
Do you like hurricane motley or the kind that fade to a normal pattern?

My gawd that last one😍😍😍😭
Such cute pics with the candy corn!
IKR!? 😭😍
Aneries are adorbs. That's part of the reason why I went with a snow, she'll throw anery if my male carries it.
Do you like hurricane motley or the kind that fade to a normal pattern?
I’m not really sure! I like them all lol I like the anery and hypo and the blood red is cool too lol I looked up hurricane too and those are awesome too lol

New to comment on this thread. Lots of cool snakes and other reptiles.

Does anyone on here own African Egg Eating Snakes? I am interested in these because they can only eat eggs and don't eat eat rodents. I've been a snake fan for a while and think Corn snakes are awesome (by what I know) but would prefer a snake that didn't eat rodents.

New to comment on this thread. Lots of cool snakes and other reptiles.

Does anyone on here own African Egg Eating Snakes? I am interested in these because they can only eat eggs and don't eat eat rodents. I've been a snake fan for a while and think Corn snakes are awesome (by what I know) but would prefer a snake that didn't eat rodents.
I do not own any, but I have done some research on them.
There are quite a few species, but "dasypeltis scabra" is most common.

Unfortunately, there are very few captive bred egg eating snakes available. Most adults that are for sale are wild caught, which you definitely don't want as a pet.
Adults can eat quail eggs, smaller males need button quail eggs. Larger females can sometimes eat small bantam eggs.
Babies however need finch eggs, which are quite difficult to keep a steady supply of unless you happen to own some.
A common myth is that you can just crack an egg into a bowl and feed them a small amount, but they can only eat whole eggs. Their bodies are specially made to crack the egg shells inside of them, then spit it out.

They also don't eat during the winter (since in the wild, eggs wouldn't be available at that time), which can be stressful for a new snake owner.
I personally would not get one as my first snake. But with lots of research, they can make good pets. Snake Discovery and Emiology (on YouTube) keep them and have information on them.

There are several other species that don't eat rodents though. Garter snakes, Dekay's brown snakes, and hognose snakes just to name some other colubrids. Of course eggs are easier to feed than toads, fish, or inverts (assuming you have an egg supply).
Which leaves one other option, reptilinks. They offer a variety of ingredients, and even scenting for picky eaters. They look like sausages, so if you're uncomfortable feeding whole prey items, this may work for you. They include everything in the links, fur, bones, organs, feathers, etc. so your snake will still get all the nutrients it would with feeding their normal diet.
1667361852170.png

I have a question, me and my friend own a pet frog and bought it some more crickets today. We have cricket feeders and bought more crickets than are frog can eat in 3-4 days. If we buy Fluker's Orange Cube Complete Cricket Diet, does it contain enough water in it for the crickets or do we also need to buy water gels? Thx,

Back
Top Bottom