Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

Hey Msheets
love.gif
hugs.gif
frow.gif
!!! Just wanted you to know the gooseys aren't laying just yet but it should be any day now. They are mating like crazy and as sassy as can be
gig.gif
lau.gif
!!! How many eggs would you like? All three girls lay in the same nest and it doesn't take too long to get a lot of eggs! I also got my game bird permit and my NPIP so I won't have any problem shipping them to you.
hugs.gif
love.gif
! Happy Day Yinepu!!! I have 4 little quail chicklets now
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
!!! My first attempt was a total disaster and the second attempt I actually got 12 to hatch but they did not live for more than a day or two. This is my third attempt and all 4 eggs hatched and the chicklets are thriving
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
!!!! I was lucky enough to win a silkie auction from Angie - Fowlsrus - and 23 eggs made it to lockdown and 22 hatched successfully
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
. This was a dry incubation and this time I did not ever increase the humidity. I let the chicklets hatching raise the humidity and it was perfect! I have Catdance Silkies hatching today and am using the same technique and it is working awesomely!!! I dry incubate the entire 21 days then just let the hatching chicklets raise the humidity with the moisture from their eggs
clap.gif
ya.gif
!!! The only eggs that did not make it were a couple that had such badly ruptured and displaced air cells from the shipping. Happy Day To All and Happy Hatching
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
!!! I don't know if I mentioned this already or not but I am still so very egggcited about it - My sweety bought me a pair of 4 week old Green Fire Farms Cream Legbars for Valentines Day
hugs.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Melissa Rose,
Glad to see you have a start on your quail chicklets, have you tried hatching them in still air? I know the game birds can be a challange.
Your Sweety knew just how to please you there, what a great Valentine gift.
love.gif
So now "Pics"?
I'm looking forward to getting my new Reptipro next month and am
celebrate.gif
eggcited for the projects for spring. I'll be calling you for tips. The humidity is something I'll have to work with, it's alot dryer up here than in your area.

Hey Msheets
love.gif
hugs.gif
frow.gif
!!! Just wanted you to know the gooseys aren't laying just yet but it should be any day now. They are mating like crazy and as sassy as can be
gig.gif
lau.gif
!!! How many eggs would you like? All three girls lay in the same nest and it doesn't take too long to get a lot of eggs! I also got my game bird permit and my NPIP so I won't have any problem shipping them to you.
hugs.gif
love.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
!!! My first attempt was a total disaster and the second attempt I actually got 12 to hatch but they did not live for more than a day or two. This is my third attempt and all 4 eggs hatched and the chicklets are thriving
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
!!!! I was lucky enough to win a silkie auction from Angie - Fowlsrus - and 23 eggs made it to lockdown and 22 hatched successfully
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
. This was a dry incubation and this time I did not ever increase the humidity. I let the chicklets hatching raise the humidity and it was perfect! I have Catdance Silkies hatching today and am using the same technique and it is working awesomely!!! I dry incubate the entire 21 days then just let the hatching chicklets raise the humidity with the moisture from their eggs
clap.gif
ya.gif
!!! The only eggs that did not make it were a couple that had such badly ruptured and displaced air cells from the shipping. Happy Day To All and Happy Hatching
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
!!! I don't know if I mentioned this already or not but I am still so very egggcited about it - My sweety bought me a pair of 4 week old Green Fire Farms Cream Legbars for Valentines Day
hugs.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I got the pheasants off of EBAY and the turkey was local. I had them set at 99 degrees. I had 2 temperature/humidity gages inside the incubation (one on the top shelf and one in the middle). The humidity stayed around 25% until the last 3 days before the hatch was due. I then added water and got the humidity to about 75%. I candled the eggs at about 10 days. Only 1 turkey egg had activity and all of the pheasants were developing. When I gave up today, the hatch was 2 weeks late. I cracked open the eggs this afternoon after I posted my message. Most of the eggs had developing but not complete embryos. The contents were rotten.

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. The pheasant eggs were not cheap.

Thanks to all!

Melissa Rose,
Glad to see you have a start on your quail chicklets, have you tried hatching them in still air? I know the game birds can be a challange.
Your Sweety knew just how to please you there, what a great Valentine gift.
love.gif
So now "Pics"?
I'm looking forward to getting my new Reptipro next month and am
celebrate.gif
eggcited for the projects for spring. I'll be calling you for tips. The humidity is something I'll have to work with, it's alot dryer up here than in your area.
That is what made them successful this time I think
hugs.gif
love.gif
Here are a couple pics of my valentines day giftie
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Hey Msheets
love.gif
hugs.gif
frow.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Congrats!

with baby quail I run their feed through a coffee grinder for the first week or so.. they do a lot better for me when their game bird starter is a fine powder

Quote:
I got the pheasants off of EBAY and the turkey was local. I had them set at 99 degrees. I had 2 temperature/humidity gages inside the incubation (one on the top shelf and one in the middle). The humidity stayed around 25% until the last 3 days before the hatch was due. I then added water and got the humidity to about 75%. I candled the eggs at about 10 days. Only 1 turkey egg had activity and all of the pheasants were developing. When I gave up today, the hatch was 2 weeks late. I cracked open the eggs this afternoon after I posted my message. Most of the eggs had developing but not complete embryos. The contents were rotten.

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated. The pheasant eggs were not cheap.

Thanks to all!

well.. for the pheasants.. shipped eggs are always a gamble.. you never know what the post office will do to them in transit.. also with being off of ebay you never know what they are feeding their birds (if they are actually getting all the nutrition that they are supposed to be getting..) or how the eggs were collected or handled. Bacteria can enter the eggs at any time once they are laid. If eggs are just infertile then they don't go rotten very easily during incubation.. however if they have been contaminated with bacteria they will. Since the eggs were rotten the chicks either died during incubation (improper temp swings, humidity, turning, bacteria contamination, lack of essential nutrients in the parent birds) or the eggs were scrambled/infertile but had been contaminated with bacteria.

have you ever disinfected the incubator?.. if you have.. what did you use? Even if an incubator looks clean doesn't mean it's free from harmful bacteria.

Also.. were you hand turning the eggs?.. if you were.. did you use an antibacterial soap or wear gloves before touching the eggs?.. if you were hand turning them but not taking any safeguards against bacteria transfer then you may have accidently put oils or contaminants on the eggs when handling them

if the pheasant chicks were well formed (due to hatch but died a day or two before hatch) then it could be that the membrane was too tough or the chicks were too small and weak from the humidity being too low for them. As I said before I never had any luck dry incubating pheasants.. not to say it can't be done.. just that it was never successful for me.. so you may want to check with the people in the pheasant section to see if anyone there ever had luck dry incubating them
HOWEVER.. since you said that the embryos didn't look complete it leads me to think again it was a bacterial issue or a dietary issue (assuming that you didn't have any temp swings and were properly turning the eggs).

You mentioned that at day 10 only one turkey egg showed life.. how did they look when you opened them?.. if there was still just one with an embryo then it sounds as if it was a fertility problem with the adult birds.. I'm not sure where you're located .. but my turkeys have just started to breed (no eggs yet) and the early eggs of the season are usually hit or miss when it comes to fertility (especially if it's the first season for the tom and hen)

from the embryos that were formed.. what body parts could you make out?.. feathers, claws, eyes, etc.. that info would give me an idea as to when (which day) during incubation they died

Just hatched out my second batch of eggs from the Reptipro 6000....my faverolles and little Billy Idol ( he is a dwarf bantam Americana...he is 2 weeks older than they are but the same size! )

Cool, I have some chicks hopefully hatching out March 13th. It will be the first in my Reptipro 6000. Idk what breed of chick because someone just gave me some eggs from their coop and they were mixed. I can't wait!

My Reptipro 6000 arrived yesterday....that's some very fast shipping! Can't wait to try it out! I got it for hatching Call ducks, but I'm thinking of putting a few chicken eggs in for a test run.

melodym78- So what do you think of the 6000? Did you get the turners, how many eggs does it fit comfortably? Did they fix the temp difference problem on the different levels? How do you deal with the space between the door and the shelves? I am wanting to order one next month but DH wants me to wait until some of the First to get them have time to let us know what they think? Soo?
Anyone else out there have feedback on the 6000 yet? Come on we know that some of you are "sitting" on them. Inquiring minds NEED to know!!

Just hatched out my second batch of eggs from the Reptipro 6000....my faverolles and little Billy Idol ( he is a dwarf bantam Americana...he is 2 weeks older than they are but the same size! )

Back
Top Bottom