Rescue chicken

For her feathers, try putting her on Kalmbach Full Plume feathering feed. I also prefer the feed since its all natrual, and their crumble options are Non-GMO. I had an older hen who wasn't eating. After switching to this she started to eat. I wonder if it was because of the crumble though, because I know that chickens would rather eat something they don't like then stave.
Anyway, I've also seen some of the most beautiful, and bright yolked, healthy eggs ever after switching to this. Healthier feed pays off. :) Its totally worth the cost in my opinion.
Anyway, haha, after ranting about that feed,:p the feathering feed may help her regrow her feathers, since its high protein, and has specific minerals meant to help feathers grow.

Great job saving her! She will be so much happier with you! I have no idea on breed, but I definitely think she's a mix, could be a mix of a bunch of different things.

Have you already introduced her to your other chickens? Are you already quarantining her? If not, you should quarantine her in a different area (with plenty of food and water) to make sure there not breathing the same air for 30 days. If you found her she may be carrying mites and lice (possibly causing the raggedy appearance) that you don't want to pass on to your other chickens.

Have you already introduced her to your other chickens? Are you already quarantining her? If not, you should quarantine her in a different area (with plenty of food and water) to make sure there not breathing the same air for 30 days. If you found her she may be carrying mites and lice (possibly causing the raggedy appearance) that you don't want to pass on to your other chickens.
:goodpost: :goodpost:

She has been quarantined and I’m satisfied that she doesn’t have mites or lice. I began flock introductions today and it went well. Her feathers are broken because she was attacked by a different flock and they are still growing in. She was found in someone’s backyard and she is most likely from someone who dumped a chicken they didn’t want anymore in a residential area knowing someone would find her. Unfortunately for her the backyard she jumped into happened to already contain a flock that got her.

Back
Top Bottom