Rescue ducklings (Niacin/riboflavin deficiency)

The card I used was an old birthday card and I drew around the outside of the ducklings foot and then cut the shape out of the card and plasters I think they are also called band aid they are what I put on my kids if they fall and cut them selves. I put the soft pad bit on the top of the ducks foot then put the sticky part around the side and on to the bottom of the card under the foot to hold it in place I hope this makes sense to you.

I was thinking about using band-aids too! Thank you Katie, I will give that a try! Beautiful duck, btw :)

The card I used was an old birthday card and I drew around the outside of the ducklings foot and then cut the shape out of the card and plasters I think they are also called band aid they are what I put on my kids if they fall and cut them selves. I put the soft pad bit on the top of the ducks foot then put the sticky part around the side and on to the bottom of the card under the foot to hold it in place I hope this makes sense to you.
Yes thanks! That is a great idea Katie. How long would you say it took to correct itself? Pardon me if you’ve already said.:oops:

By the way, thought I would show you guys a boot I made for the Cayugas in case they did have a bumble...it is a prototype and my Clover quickly shook it off her foot...but I meant well haha...View attachment 1304352
bsides- did you figure out what was on the cayugas feet? Is it a growth, birth defect, or callous? And what do you do for it?

Here are my grown ups.
A71C3098-1546-438C-85C4-D58BCD122392.jpeg

1C9814DA-C276-4BE6-A7F3-8E4B5F94EFA2.jpeg
7ECA84E1-01E6-406C-AA40-8E588F65B699.jpeg
AD89B759-DECE-4993-A982-7E6CF2FB5970.jpeg

bsides- did you figure out what was on the cayugas feet? Is it a growth, birth defect, or callous? And what do you do for it?

Here are my grown ups.View attachment 1304816

View attachment 1304813 View attachment 1304814 View attachment 1304815

They are beautiful!
I haven't figured out what it is- it's not bumblefoot. It looks maybe like hyperkeratosis (from my research) but not sure why. Both of my Cayuga girls have it on the outside of their right foot...it's odd. They aren't limping or anything. I am trying oregano oil at the moment. I'll try to get a picture of it today if I remember! Here are my girls... and one of everyone :)
duckies1.jpg
duckies.jpg

https://byebyedoctor.com/hyperkeratosis/

Sounds right even tough this info is for humans with it. But friction from walking on hard surfaces or just walking period and we all know ducks feet and legs aren't that sturdy anyway can cause this growth of extra skin similar to callous .

Last edited:
They are beautiful!
I haven't figured out what it is- it's not bumblefoot. It looks maybe like hyperkeratosis (from my research) but not sure why. Both of my Cayuga girls have it on the outside of their right foot...it's odd. They aren't limping or anything. I am trying oregano oil at the moment. I'll try to get a picture of it today if I remember! Here are my girls... and one of everyone :) View attachment 1304858 View attachment 1304859
You have a beautiful assortment of ducks. I love all of those. Do you have a favorite breed?

Back
Top Bottom