Found this kid in an alley. It was put in a styrofoam box.
I took it to the vet and vaccinated it. He said it's very healthy and lively.
(I'm not sure if he's an avian expert, though.)
1. What kind of duck is this? Can it fly?
(I live in Korea, so maybe it's a pekin? but I thought pekin ducklings were solid yellow...)
2. Is it male or female?
3. How old is it? It has some stiff feathers on its tail.
4. I think it eats and drinks(and poops) too much. Is this normal?
5. For food I gave it chopped lettuces, dried anchovies, crushed rice, feed for mid-sized chicks and boiled egg yolks.
I also ordered some dried mealworms and brewer's yeast tablets on the internet.
Am I doing it right? If not, what should I add/exclude?
6. It cries loudly when I'm out of its sight. Will this stop when it's all grown up?
I put a mirror in its box, but that doesn't help much.
What should I do when I must go out?
7. Sometimes it eats its own poop. Is it okay to leave it?
8. Should I put all lights out when it goes to sleep?
9. It constantly peeps when sleeping. Why is that? Do I have to whistle it back?
Oh, and sorry about my bad English.