Rescued an Easter egger - Any advice on how to clean her up?

Attachments

• Veggie Layer mix.jpg
    Veggie Layer mix.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 1
Its'a high quality layer feed. I just need to know how to clean the dirt off her little face. She's getting a quality diet starting today.

Gotcha.

I highly recommend switching to a pelleted or crumbled type feed.

Feeding a whole grain type feed like this can cause serious issues later on down the road.

Feeding this type of feed gives the bird a choice to pick and choose which seed or grade it wants to eat.
When you give the bird the option to pick and choose it doesn't always pick and choose enough different seeds grains to get a balanced diet.
Not getting a balanced diet is bad news. If you don't believe me spend a few hours reading through all of the emergency threads and pay close attention to what birds are being fed.

Gotcha.

I highly recommend switching to a pelleted or crumbled type feed.

Feeding a whole grain type feed like this can cause serious issues later on down the road.

Feeding this type of feed gives the bird a choice to pick and choose which seed or grade it wants to eat.
When you give the bird the option to pick and choose it doesn't always pick and choose enough different seeds grains to get a balanced diet.
Not getting a balanced diet is bad news. If you don't believe me spend a few hours reading through all of the emergency threads and pay close attention to what birds are being fed.
Thanks for the input - Do you know anything other than a washcloth that can help get the dirt off her little face?

Its'a high quality layer feed. I just need to know how to clean the dirt off her little face. She's getting a quality diet starting today.
Love that brand! I use it for my rabbits. :D

It can be a concern feeding a grain type feed. I use it for my birds when my chewy order is late, but I don't feed it long term. It really depends on the bird. If she's flinging seeds everywhere that she doesn't' want to eat, and she's leaving seeds in the feeder, you may want to switch.

Thanks for the input - Do you know anything other than a washcloth that can help get the dirt off her little face?
Can you get a clear picture of the dirt on her face? Try placing her on the ground, and giving her soemthgin tasty to eat, veggies, apple, just something to keep her still. Then get as close as you can and take a clear photo. I can be hard to get photos using the selfie setting. :)
I'm not seeing anything in the pictures. Is the "dirt" on her feathers, or on her face/beak. She does have brown feathers around her head, but those are naturally colored feathers, not dirty ones.

Back
Top Bottom