Rescued Duckling... newbie

Pics
Oh wow we had the same problem but thankfully it was mice but when they made the hole in the cabinet for the water pipes and sink drains they made the holes too large and mice were coming in through there. My Dachshunds would get some but finally when we figured out where they were coming in my dh used the spray foam and closed up the holes.

I sure hope you get that taken care of soon, I'd never sleep with rats inside bad enough with the mice.

Merry Christmas to @Raenh Speedy and Fancy!!

Im trying to get it taken care of, this has gone on way to long. I'll fill in all the gaps and they find another way. The pest control set up snap traps in these big black boxes and after a week not one trap was set off... not even my electric ones. I have 5 boxes and two electrical ones. I've seen evidence of mice but not rats, even though i know they're here too.
My poor happy curious little guard duck has turned into a paranoid seeing rats in every shadow and crying for me to do something. And i dont know what to do to help her but to hold her. She won't lay down with me anymore because she swears she sees rats on the couch edge where my pillows are, but i never see them. Oldest cat hunts the mouse but ru s at the rat, youngest... i think she may have tried to attack them shes walking all stiff like shes hurt., which means i need too take her to the vets asap... right now im keeping her inside and watching her. Liam is nothing but a wus, he hid under the chair, next to the one electric trap i might add, while the oldest cat was on top of it. S
And speedy and fancy were in their im tired of this crap moods and was hinting for them. Amd the thing with fancy and speedy - he's being bossy, will only let her eat and drink when he says she canand if she refuses the water from me when shes panting like she was tonight, he about attacked her and almost fell off the loft because she wouldnt drink and both of us wanted her too. She spit up this yellowy tinted gummy like stuff, i dont know what it was. But she started drinking after he almost fell and then went to other bowl.

Are the rats coming in and eating the feed you have out for the ducks?
Maybe you should put their feed up when ya'll go to bed and it's dark. Make sure no feed is laying around on the floor to draw them. My Birds don't have food or water over night. And if they are eating the feed if they pee on it can be a health hazard. A friend's SIL in Florida years ago had her dog and puppies in her garage and rats got into their food and peed and probably pooped on it and all the puppies died. Maybe add some feed to those traps and see if that gets them into them? I believe I'd be calling the exterminators daily till they took care of this.

The part where fancy is being so macho is pretty typical drakes can be pushy and hateful hopefully it is just a phase and once mating starts he'll not be quite as hard on her.

I don't think they're into their feed cause its up on top of the 'loft'. And the extra is in a storage container with latches, no holes in it. Dark? What's that, i can't even turn the lights out when its dreary out, like it is today with put them freaking out. I haven't slept at night in a month without the lights on.

And now I'm worried cause their poo is looking black/dark brown... i did give them a epsom salt flush cause fancy keeps trying to eat the great stuff foam and grabbed it while wet, i had to hold him down and peel it off his bill he let me, but i could tell it hurt and i know it does cause i had some on my fingers. Then speedy decided she was gonna turn herself into a smurf and got into the practically empty pint of light bleu paint, which i caught her while it was still wet and was able to put her in the shower and spray her mouth, and feathers to get it off her... it wasnt a lot, but i wanted to be safe. This whole rat thing has all of us acting out. My cats and liam included.

20171228_161315.jpg 15145000542501812062668.jpg

That looks like a cecal poop to me... they do 1 of those approx every 10 poops, I think?

But wait for Kathy's input, I could be wrong, lol...
They do look like they could be cecal poops, but cecal poops are usually only done 2-3 times a day, so if they are eating crumbles and all of their poop looks like that then there might be something going on.

Back
Top Bottom