Rescued Ducks Needing A Bath!!!

Since hey are new you have to give it time they will eventually get use to each other. Just keep letting them be together when you can supervise so no fighting gets out of hand. Pushing and tugging on feathers is normal they will all find their place in the flock top to bottom.

If your river is like out mt river when we get heavy rain it rises and can even come over the banks. So I am not sure how a ramp would hold up, our neighbors build a set of steps with a landing down to the river and about 3 months ago when hurricane rains were coming through the river washed it away. We can see the rebar still there but that is it.

Can you get some Turkey starter or game bird feed and start feeding that to Lydia[I love that name too] Named my first ever chicken hen Lydia[ not my name] I believe they are rec for putting on weight. @casportpony ??

As for hubby well why not take him out to eat.
That way you can let him pick what he wants. Bless his heart he did make up for his boo boo.

Glad they are all okay too. I did get a good chuckle out of your story. :hugs

Can you get some Turkey starter or game bird feed and start feeding that to Lydia[I love that name too] Named my first ever chicken hen Lydia[ not my name] I believe they are rec for putting on weight. @casportpony ??
Great stuff for putting on weight!

Since hey are new you have to give it time they will eventually get use to each other. Just keep letting them be together when you can supervise so no fighting gets out of hand. Pushing and tugging on feathers is normal they will all find their place in the flock top to bottom.

If your river is like out mt river when we get heavy rain it rises and can even come over the banks. So I am not sure how a ramp would hold up, our neighbors build a set of steps with a landing down to the river and about 3 months ago when hurricane rains were coming through the river washed it away. We can see the rebar still there but that is it.

That way you can let him pick what he wants. Bless his heart he did make up for his boo boo.

I get my feed from tractor suppy, I can see what can be ordered for me. What's the name of this feed? As for the ramp, I do have some floating boat bumpers I could attach to a ramp so it could rise and fall as needed, I just don't have much knowledge with building.

I get my feed from tractor suppy, I can see what can be ordered for me. What's the name of this feed? As for the ramp, I do have some floating boat bumpers I could attach to a ramp so it could rise and fall as needed, I
My Tractor Supply used to stock it, but I don't think they do now.

http://www.runnings.com/mobi/feed-animal/nutrena-country-feeds-gamebirdturkey-starter-50-lb.htm
Is this the type to look for?

I wouldn't worry too much about them integrating. Like what was previously stated, keep an eye on them initially to make sure none of the bickering gets out of control. I would worry more about getting them back to healthy. My guess is that due to their poor health, they are still recovering their waterproofing and their low weight doesn't help with the cold. They may not completely integrate with the other birds (I still have little separate flocks running around due to new additions), but they should quickly become used to each other and get along fine once the pecking order is established.

While I have no issue with raising ducks for food (and may eventually do so myself), the condition you found these poor things in is horrendous. Kudos for you for taking them in and giving them a better life.

Back
Top Bottom