Rescued Hen

GratefulHens

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2019
Good evening! We recently rescued a chicken from a neighbor and no one seems to know what breed this is. I’ve referenced my chicken books and still stumped. She has very bright yellow feet with several different types of feathers. Iowa Blue, maybe? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• D2000934-C51D-4538-B074-F7665AE61880.jpeg
    D2000934-C51D-4538-B074-F7665AE61880.jpeg
    566.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 955F526F-AFE1-45D5-B920-75A3487CAF5C.jpeg
    955F526F-AFE1-45D5-B920-75A3487CAF5C.jpeg
    582.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 6881B0E8-2203-4BA0-9129-3A8B2B9BB026.jpeg
    6881B0E8-2203-4BA0-9129-3A8B2B9BB026.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Good evening! We recently rescued a chicken from a neighbor and no one seems to know what breed this is. I’ve referenced my chicken books and still stumped. She has very bright yellow feet with several different types of feathers. Iowa Blue, maybe? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
I have no idea, but she is lovely!

Thank you!

She looks like a mix to me... Not sure what of though.

It looks kind of Dorking like to me, but I don't think they have yellow legs?

It could actually be a hatchery-quality Silver Dorking pullet. That being said Dorkings should have five toes and white legs. I think she only has four. Which might not be unheard if she was from a hatchery.

The pattern is very clean for her to be a mix. And she has a consistent type. None of her features are over stated to imply she's the result of a cross. She could be a Leghorn. I'd think her comb would be larger at that age, but I don't know. @The Moonshiner might be able to weigh in on her potential Leghorn-ness.

https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Dorks/BRKDorks.html

Last edited:
It could actually be a hatchery-quality Silver Dorking pullet. That being said Dorkings should have five toes and yellow legs. I think she only has four. Which might not be unheard if she was from a hatchery.

The pattern is very clean for her to be a mix. And she has a consistent type. None of her features are over stated to imply she's the result of a cross. She could be a Leghorn. I'd think her comb would be larger at that age, but I don't know. @The Moonshiner might be able to weigh in on her potential Leghorn-ness.

https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Dorks/BRKDorks.html

Thank you for your input, that is SUPER helpful!!

Back
Top Bottom