Rescued quail chick needs friends!!

Howdy, folks
This long-time bird lady "retired" when moving. (Who honestly retires from flock love?!?) About a month ago we rescued a clutch of quail eggs (mom was killed)View attachment 2725525View attachment 2725530. Lo and behold, we have a survivor! Little Itty Bitty is so lonely and the bird lady misses her brood!! Anyone know of quail available near North Idaho/East WA/West MT? I don't want to order 50 online at this time of year! Between 3-8 or so would give a good community flock for little Itty Bitty. I'm ok with a reasonable Saturday or Sunday afternoon road trip to transport. (A self-care travel day!) Thanks for your help!!
Update!! Little Itty Bitty now has 12 not-as-itty-bitty Coturnix friends just a week younger. I had some questions about keeping Itty without a permit, so here's what I found out: you can't just take them from the wild, but if they're truly orphaned, you can both keep a rescue and can purchase domestic Cali Quail without a permit in Idaho - so long as you can prove/document them. I confirmed this both in research and with the local game warden, who said, "Good start for a healthy flock." :) So, we no longer have a crying lonely baby. It's so happy now! What do you think, roo or hen? 20210626_065859.jpg 20210626_065917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom