Rescued Rooster-What kind? Pics included.

jandmeg07

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
Cheboygan, MI
My DH is a Zone Manager at our local Wal-Mart. He's been on vacation this week and was pretty surprised when he saw the store number come up on the caller id. He was even more surprised when the HR Manager on the other end asked him "Jason, would you like a rooster?" They'd just rescued a rooster from the parking lot and the customers he was trying to get attention from. Knowing that Jason and I have our own little flock, they thought they'd ask us before calling animal control. This rooster is very docile, appears to have had his spurs removed, and is just beautiful. Huge comb and wattles, nice and fat, and beautiful wings. I tried looking for a similar looking rooster on here and with google search and can't seem to find one. Is he just a mutt? Thanks for looking! (P.S. We can't imagine how on earth he ended up in the parking lot, but he appears well taken care of, so we are going to post a lost and found ad in our local paper and put up signs on some store bulletin boards as we'd be devastated if one of our hens went missing and someone just kept them. Until then, we are going to call him Walter E. World, or Wally for short.
smile.png
)

11164_dscf2840.jpg

11164_dscf2841.jpg

11164_dscf2842.jpg

Thanks Kentuckysilkies!
big_smile.png
He is buff colored though, does that make a difference? The pics were taken with just the light from the heat lamp inside the dog house we have him in in the garage. His head and rear look just like our Buff Orps, just those pretty wings.

The breed was already answered, but I've just got to say he sounds like a great guy, and thanks for rescuing him! He's very handsome, and docile roosters are great. What a strange place for him to show up!

Thank you all! I think he's such a handsome fella. He really seemed to enjoy being held and especially liked getting his head and comb rubbed. Like I said, we will post a flyer and an ad just to see if he's got a family that's missing such a friendly rooster. If not, we will be happy to have such a sweet guy join our group of lovely ladies and figure God must've wanted him to join our family for a reason.

Oh, one other thing. Any tips on incorporating him into our flock if no one claims him? I was at work when they brought him out and Jason put him right in the yard with the girls. They didn't pay any attention to him for about 15 minutes and he seemed to be enjoying himself. Then, for whatever reason one of our SLW's Big Mama went after him, leading a couple other gals to join in. Jason got to him quickly, but he did have a little blood on that big beautiful comb. Poor guy...first he ends up in that huge parking lot with all those people and cars and then when he finally gets back into a green yard and sees some hot babes, they turn on him!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom