Rescued White Leghorn

jaredrah777

Chirping
Jul 26, 2023
So i just rescued this cute girl who i call “combover” from someone who was really really neglecting a couple chickens… I wish i couldve got more but due to space i could only get one….

I was wondering if she would ever grow her feathers back on her tail and side 😢 i hope so, and if so what should i give her to promote faster recovery.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 9
I would give her either Chick Starter or Flock Raiser food (about 18% to 20% protein, which is more than most "layer" feeds have).

Provide a separate dish of oyster shell so she can get the right amount of calcium, because a laying hen needs more calcium than those particular foods will provide. Most hens are quite good at eating the amount of oyster shell they need.

Growing new feathers will probably not happen until she molts, which she might be doing right now (I think I see some pinfeathers in the area you circled on her wing.)

But she may look somewhat better in a day or so, as she settles in and preens her feathers and generally tidies herself up.

how can i get hair tail feathers and sides back to normal :/ she looks super ruff right now…

Attachments

• IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 4
her bottom is completely bare no feathers at all,

i got her from someone who was pretty much neglecting all there chickens. She looks super rough right now… ☹️

How can i help her grow her feathers back especially those tail feathers! those things look hideous☹️

Ive been feeding super high protein pellets and black solider fly larvae

I rescued her last night she was about to be killed by the owner for nothing basically… so sad

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    621.8 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom