"rescued' yet another one... (graphic pictures)

It is so bittersweet right now. Hope is in my laundry room needing attention and i am on hour 36 with MayMay in my arms dying. Sometimes life is so messef up.

She just passed in my arms. Be with Gods creatures now my sweet lady.
Oh no, not MayMay!
hit.gif
I am so sorry.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Yea, my MayMay. I am so numb inside right now. Just don't believe she is gone. It is going to be so hard going outside with my Sunday coffee and sitting down in my chair with no MayMay. She was 'Birds gal too. I dont know how he is going to react yet.

Old chick, we grow to expect it dont we? Its like we are glutton for punishment. Haven't made my way down to the coop yet. I need to put on my big girl panties n do it. Plus i need to make Hope a fleece jumper if she is going to move out of my laundry room today.

And i need to bury my MayMay.

God brought me Hope hours before he took my MayMay....

Pun intendrd. But the truth.

This is such a great story.! I do not like when people mistreat chickens. It just breaks my heart to hear those conditions that the chickens were in.
sad.png
We are thankful for people like you in this world.! I want to do something like this too, but I already have enough hens, roosters, and ducks as it is.

yea, it is wierd. It's like it was just meant to happen.
idunno.gif
they just always seem to find me. My DH is not pleased, but he'll get over it. She has settled into her cozy crate in my laundry room. She is snuggled into many soft towels with food and water and treats of course. She is going to be a fiesty girl. She has already gotten her pistol back and wants to jump ontop of the crate and check out the world.She is going to be a handful!!!!!!!! But, I have a lot of affection for her already. that was quick.
love.gif

I am wondering what she is. I figured a RIR, or a RSL, want sure because so much of her feathers are missing. From what I could get to really see finally, her neck feathers are a dark DARK chestnut brown. looks almost like a little bit of black streaking in them as well. The down part is a tan. but different that the neck feathers. Her wing feathers are also that dark dark brown. Not like my RSL brown.
Good for you and how lucky for her! Is she a Buckeye? she looks like mine. At least, as far as I can tell considering she is naked!

Back
Top Bottom