"rescued' yet another one... (graphic pictures)

God bless you for giving this beauty a second chance at life! I used to live next door to a priest who let his chickens, turkeys, pigs, bunnies, dogs and cats all run loose around the neighborhood with no shelter to go to at night and nothing to eat except what they could find fending for themselves. They drank water from mud puddles in the summer and ate snow in the winter. Needless to say little by little they died off and he would just keep buying more to replace them. One hen had babies which were eaten by their starving cat, whom I often fed my leftover table scraps to, as she would often come around hungry. I had a rabbit who I let play outside in a pen in my yard. Their rabbit came over, dug under the pen and impregnated my rabbit! She had five babies I wasn't expecting. When I told my neighbor about it he said that the rabbit "gets out of its own cage" and refused to take any of the bunnies! I bit my tongue on that one. As unbelievable as this sounds this is a true story and one of the reasons why I now take in the occasional rescue. I'm so happy I don't live by them anymore. They had accounts of animal cruelty against him but somewere still able to get as many animals as he pleased. It was gut wrenching that the town officials cared so little about animals.

Last edited:
Thanks for more pics of hope!

I love the nesting in the shavings bag picture! She showing her character there for sure..... "So what if I poo in these nice clean ones."
big_smile.png

yea, and i just noticed that her butt has a shaving left on it in the second picture!!!!

No matter how i fill the nest boxes, I have a white rock that is a hyper nutcase and just empties each box for the heck of it. She doesnt mess with the bad of shavings - go figure. So i leave it out and let the girls have it.

Back
Top Bottom