Rescuing Ducks

savingducks

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2021
Hi,

We just recently rescued some ducklings from some irresponsible teenagers.. We are raising them until they are old enough to live outside.. I would appreciate any help we can get.. We are looking to re-home them once they are a little older.. They look to be under 2-3 weeks right now.. I am guessing they are Pekin ducks.

I would appreciate any help on bedding. We have food and grit.. We take them outside with us for a few hours a day to get some sun, grass, etc... We keep them inside for now, so they are nice and warm. We have three of them and our neighbors are taking care of the other two.. We cannot keep them, but are fine raising them until they are a bit older.. My two girls are LOVING taking care of them..

If anyone would be interested in helping us re-home them. I would greatly appreciate it.. We, of course, want them to go to a farm where they are safe and have a pond to swim in :) They should be old enough early-Mid May..

We are not charging anything for them.. We just want them to go to a good home where they will be safe :) We are located a little south of Pittsburgh, PA

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Have you joined any local FB poultry groups? You would be able to find someone to take them there and you can vet out their new home(s).
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Have you joined any local FB poultry groups? You would be able to find someone to take them there and you can vet out their new home(s).
I have not, but I will definitely do that today :) I really wish we could keep them, but unfortunately we cannot :( But, we are doing everything we can to take care of them until they are a little older :) Thanks!!

Welcome to BYC! This awesome community of poultry keepers and experts will be very excited to jump in and answer whatever questions you may have. 😊
D313C704-E8A2-4FA6-ACAE-F10FECEEB5E3.png

Back
Top Bottom