Respritory illness

The 20 gauge 1/2" is useful in case you ever decide to inject in future is all. You can pull off a bottle of Tylan with anything 20 or larger, meaning numbers 20 or lower. Needles go smaller the higher the gauge.

Those are slips, yes. The others will be obvious that they need to screw on, thus the lock term.

I looked it up, it's 1/4 ml per pound three times per day. You can either just be very careful and draw that much up, or what I would do is draw out 3/8 ml and then draw up a little water to make it more in the syringe and give a third of THAT 3x a day.

Glad that Wyorp Rock and Mosey have given you dosage on Tylan 50. For a tiny serama, I would agree that giving it orally a drop at a time would be safer than injecting.

If you are smelling a bad odor around the head of this newly sick chicken, it could be coryza. Just guessing about what infection you are treating is not a good way of handling things. I would try to get some testing. You could contact your local NPIP testor or go to a vet to get testing.

Are these birds new or have they been exposed to any new birds? Canker, MG, and coryza are treated with different medicines. Using antibiotics without knowing what is going on can contribute to antibiotic resistance. When adding a new bird to your flock, it is wise to keep them in quarantine for at least 30 days to see if they have any symptoms of disease. Even then they can be unsymptomatic carriers. If you should lose a bird or put one down, I would seek a necropsy through your state vet to get a diagnosis.
Here is a good link with respiratory diseases and symptoms:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Raleigh is an hour away.

Well I breed seramas and got these 2 pairs intent of breedin them and occasionally addin a smooth feathered bird in there but since this sickness and the fact that they could be Carrie's I wont anymore.

Raleigh is an hour away.

Well I breed seramas and got these 2 pairs intent of breedin them and occasionally addin a smooth feathered bird in there but since this sickness and the fact that they could be Carrie's I wont anymore.
Raleigh is the main lab, I believe they have a way for you to mail things to them too like printing a shipping label.
Since you breed, knowing what these have would be important. Hopefully it won't spread to any of your other birds. I would try to practice bio-security the best I could between these and your others.

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Back
Top Bottom