Revenge was mine today GRAPHIC PICS PLEASE BE WARNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you let your son skin it? I hope so, no reason to waste it.
sad.png
Glad to hear you killed it before it went through most of your flock.

Bubba

PS If he suspects rabies I wouldnt touch it.

PSS From the pic you took, I would fib to people and tell them your two barred rocks killed the coyote!!

Last edited:
Im so glad i live in the UK!!! theres nothing really that will attack our chickens except foxes, but wenever see foxes around here!

Quote:
Haha I had the same thought Bubba.......it was funny how they circled it and chatted for a while. I sent it off to animal control.I noticed it filling up with air already . Son wanted to skin it but didnt have the time,it is hot hot here.

That's a shame. Sad story.

The really sad part is that there never used to be a coyote population explosion until we Americans killed all our wolves. Coyotes naturally eat small rodents, not chickens. They wouldn't be tempted if we didn't make it so darn easy for them.

I personally don't believe in the "it's them or us" mentality. There are always options. We don't have a lot of coyotes in my neighborhood but we DO get raccoons and hawks. That's why my hens won't be roaming unattended.

Sorry about your hen though! That's a drag.

Congratulations on the excellent shot. If a firearm is within reach and I was in a similar situation, I would have done the exact same thing. Your son is a wonderful shot. I'd be very nervous and shaking, and my sights/scope would be going EVERYWHERE! I'm training to get rid of that though...

I mean, you do your best to keep your animals in and bad animals out, but when something happens, you have to respond and protect your chickens! Like shooting anything, regardless of the number of legs (or no legs at all), if your hand is forced, then it is forced...

Quote:
Dont be silly, coyotes will belly up to a meal of chicken any day, all day and whenever they get a chance.

Its clear you are not from northern Wisconsin where they re-introduced the "wonderful grey wolf". I believe they are having a problem out west as well but I can only speak locally that the Wisconsin project is not been as rosey is it has been protrayed. The pro-predator people love to put a wonderful spin on things on how there are no problems and in the extremly rare cases that a wolf attacks, the landowner/farmer is compensated fairly for losses but the locals know better (money would come from a funt the state established for that reason). If you are a farmer and have a loss due to a wolf, you are paid a pittence compaired to actual value, something the pro-predator people wont tell you, in fact, they go out of thier way to cover up the truth. The locals are feed up and taking care of problems on thier own now. They tried it the DNR way and it has been proven to not work but to add insult to injury, the pro-predators are liars in the compensation aspect, something that just cant continue. Its hard to make a living up north and when an animal goes down, it could literally be the difference between making money that year and skipping the tax payment (and we all know how well that goes over).

I agree though, there are always options. In the case of northern Wisconsin, sometimes that comes down to paying the morgage and taxes and removing a wolf or 2 or letting them take over and you filling chapter 13. There is always a choice, I cant agree more, I just disagree in the direction that you are taking but that is your decision and thankfully, the locals are making a different decision. It is after all, a decision that affects themselves and they should know how best to handle it. They are only doing what is natural after all.

HTH

That's strange. That cayote looks JUST like my parents dog Frankie. The vet swears that he has some in him. Before we neutered him he ran over to the neighbors farm and killed a few chickens. My mother heard about a "cure" for that... not easy, but she did it. She got one of the dead chickens he brought back and tied it to a rope and tied the other end to his neck. That chicken chased him around all day. He never killed a chicken again.
Just thought I'd add that in case anybody has problems with other pets killing their chickens.

Thats what my hubby said they used to do to dogs that killed chickens........ it worked so he said........but I never had a dog of mine kill......... interesting. I know I would never eat chicken again if you tied a dead one around my neck....ewwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom