Review of the 56 egg no brand incubator

Pics

aliciaplus3

Free Ranging
Oct 24, 2016
Colorado

I decided on this incubator for the features it offers at a low price.... automatic egg turner, temperature and hydrogamer right on the front it even tracks the days. I also really like that it holds 56 eggs and has a built in candler. I was a little hesitant over the lack of reviews and the fact that it is in celcuis.... so far I am happy. I received it on thursday plugged it in got everything running and programed with the help of my daughters (12 and 13). SO far so good. Temperature seemed to hold humidity seemed good. WE loaded it with 17 eggs Friday evening and added two extra thermometers to to be sure of the temp and humidity. Turner is working temperature is holding humidity seems good.... the built in humidty gauge is 10%off the extra one I installed. ... but holding steady. We will see this is only day two

So far the temperature is holding steady I did discover that the low humidity alarm will wake me out of a dead sleep.... lol. I found it very convenient to add water without opening the unit.

T rod I calibrated my thermometer tonight and it is correct. THANK you for the advice. I also picked up an additional thermometer/humidity gauge to put inside the incubator as I was concerned about it being correct... my local walmart doesn't have a good selection... I found one that is digital but because it is an all in one I don't know if I can calibrate it? It does read within 5% of the one that came with the unit so I am happy with that

Last edited:
Here are the reasons I returned that POS incubator:
1. The led lights used to candle don't work. They light up the entire incubator and you can't see inside the eggs.
2. Gaps between the floor and sides is too wide and I had chicks fall head first and die stuck there with their head in the water channel below.
3. Bad design on fan/heater/humidity location. Think about where any liquid will end up after the chicks hatch... All those items are directly under the floor with no protection. My fan died after the first few eggs hatched causing the heater to overheat and shut down. Lost all the rest of my eggs.
4. Need to use a screwdriver and dissessemble the floor and cut the plastic ties to clean everything.
5. Loose power for a split second and the unit will not turn back on unless you push the power button to turn it back on (if your home...).

Sorry I'm a little bitter after losing most my eggs.

Back
Top Bottom