Rhea's

TerrasCritters

In a new coop
12 Years
Oct 24, 2007
I have a friend looking for Rhea eggs, anyone know anyone who raises these and may have eggs at some time? Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I have interest in these guys too. I did the search option (as recommended in yesterdays topic) and this is only the 3rd topic EVER w/the word rhea in it. I've onl seen them on eggbid 1ce and it was for $250/pr.
Kristi

I have a neighbor that has a pair for sale, $100. each. He has a bit of everything, and sells to the zoo at times. He has ostrich, emu, rhea, peafowl, chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigeon, and anything else you can imagine. He is 87 and slowing down a bit. I am guessing there will be a lot for sale in the near future.

Just a note on the laying season of the Ratites. The Ostrich egg production season is about March through September. The Rhea egg production season starts in April and goes through August. The Emu egg production season begins in November and goes through March or April. That is the time frame for these birds in the US--more specifically here in New Mexico. I have had a few exceptions with the ostrich hens with a few laying through the winter here in sunny New Mexico. But the average normal egg production time is listed above.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom