rheas

Calla

Songster
8 Years
Nov 6, 2012
England UK
Yes, bred loads and had them since 1992, get some eggs and find out...have lots of fun too.
Calla

My 1st babies, having siesta and waiting for tea.

Eliza1313

Chirping
Mar 26, 2015
I am interested in rheas also, but do not have the fencing for them yet. So it is a hobby that will have to wait until I am set up for them. Found a ranch in Texas that is selling pairs, I think for $250, High Country Ranch.

sd-eddie

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2015
Bonita
I also am looking for lesser or Darwin rheas .. Got the run set up , but the seller I was waiting for had issues with there eggs , kinda glad I offered to pay more if they would incubate and hatch . As my incubator is well to small.

So I am indeed looking for 2 females and one male.. Or a few chicks and willing to travel far away from San Diego if the price is right.

Calla

Songster
8 Years
Nov 6, 2012
England UK
Eddie...have you tried getting eggs from Patagonia ? It may not be too far from you, if they will post eggs.
They are like GOLDDUST here in UK
Calla

sd-eddie

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2015
Bonita
I am unsure the regulations on importing them , and also I don't want to support people who sell wild eggs , tho I would enjoy helping a farmer in America.

As the back yard dream is a large flock of Shetland ducks in my pond and lesser rheas running around my orchard ..

Top Bottom