rheas

Yes, bred loads and had them since 1992, get some eggs and find out...have lots of fun too.
Calla

My 1st babies, having siesta and waiting for tea.

I am interested in rheas also, but do not have the fencing for them yet. So it is a hobby that will have to wait until I am set up for them. Found a ranch in Texas that is selling pairs, I think for $250, High Country Ranch.

I also am looking for lesser or Darwin rheas .. Got the run set up , but the seller I was waiting for had issues with there eggs , kinda glad I offered to pay more if they would incubate and hatch . As my incubator is well to small.

So I am indeed looking for 2 females and one male.. Or a few chicks and willing to travel far away from San Diego if the price is right.

Eddie...have you tried getting eggs from Patagonia ? It may not be too far from you, if they will post eggs.
They are like GOLDDUST here in UK
Calla

I am unsure the regulations on importing them , and also I don't want to support people who sell wild eggs , tho I would enjoy helping a farmer in America.

As the back yard dream is a large flock of Shetland ducks in my pond and lesser rheas running around my orchard ..

Back
Top Bottom