Rhino line coop floor

garthmyers

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Central Missouri
Has anyone ever used a Rhino lining type product on a coop floor. I have used Herculiner for a truck bed once and thought it would be great to put on a coop floor to protect it and to allow it to just wash it out. Any thoughts on this?

-Garth-

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Gawd that would be wonderful wouldnt it? The Rhino Liner or similar product is something that is sprayed on with a very specific piece of equipment. Probably several different parts mixed in a distribution head in order to get an even application. If you built your coop portable you could haul it on a flatbed or trailer to a Rhino liner applicator company. I have even heard that a wall with Rhino material covering it will withstand an amazing blast force .... But I digress.

With the price of application and logicstics of moving the coop there you could probably actually purchase the materials to build your coop. Lining the floor with inexpensive linoleum is an excellent choice. And you shouldnt glue it down just screw it down with furring strips. You could even take it further and run the linoleum up the walls leaving an arch at the bottom so you could hose out the interior of the coop. Dont leave open spaces behind the wall covering fill with blocking. You can seal any seams with linoleum sealer and make a reasonably waterproof "container". (Think Shower stall) Put a coverable drain in the middle and viola. Strip out the bedding and unsstopper the drain and wash out.

happy building....
wee.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif

perchie.girl :

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Gawd that would be wonderful wouldnt it? The Rhino Liner or similar product is something that is sprayed on with a very specific piece of equipment. Probably several different parts mixed in a distribution head in order to get an even application. If you built your coop portable you could haul it on a flatbed or trailer to a Rhino liner applicator company. I have even heard that a wall with Rhino material covering it will withstand an amazing blast force .... But I digress.

With the price of application and logicstics of moving the coop there you could probably actually purchase the materials to build your coop. Lining the floor with inexpensive linoleum is an excellent choice. And you shouldnt glue it down just screw it down with furring strips. You could even take it further and run the linoleum up the walls leaving an arch at the bottom so you could hose out the interior of the coop. Dont leave open spaces behind the wall covering fill with blocking. You can seal any seams with linoleum sealer and make a reasonably waterproof "container". (Think Shower stall) Put a coverable drain in the middle and viola. Strip out the bedding and unsstopper the drain and wash out.

happy building....
wee.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif

I was looking at the 25 dollars can of herculiner that they carry at walmart that you apply yourself with a roller. I have used it on truck bed just wondering if it worked on plywood.​

Herculiner is good stuff, but you might be able to do it cheaper with some linoleum. It would certainly work, just come up the walls 4-6".

I used something similar from Tractor Supply on an older horse trailer--rolled it on both the plywood liner inside & a metal bar at the bottom of the doors. I can't remember the name, but it worked great--easy to clean & holding up fine after 4 years. I would think it would be fantastic for coop floor.

Im sure it would be good but probably $$$$$$$. I just go to local flooring companys and get remnants. Did my 8x8 coop for $10 got a 10x10 piece so I could go up each wall a few inches works great and cheep cheep! (Sorry couldnt resist!)!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom