1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode island? Ocean state, anyone else out there?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by thedoors5to1, Jan 14, 2010.

1. pek

pek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Hey, fellow Rhode Islanders! This is not very relevant but does anyone know of a good place to get fertilized eggs that are not shipped? Just asking because I have had two unsuccessful hatches both from shipped eggs. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. RoeDylanda

RoeDylanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Central CT
    You may want to hop over to the Connecticut thread-- Beth G has great reviews of her birds, and I think she does eggs as well. Also Jimmythechicken has some eggs, I think. I'm a Rhode Islander transplanted to CT. [​IMG]

3. WalkingTreatMachine

WalkingTreatMachine Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2011
    Providence, RI
    Quote:Have you joined the FB page, P.E.C.K.? (People Encouraging Chicken Keeping) in RI or Prov, I forget which, but I think there is a list of a couple of local breeders.

4. WalkingTreatMachine

WalkingTreatMachine Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2011
    Providence, RI
    PS, I'm here in Providence! Three hens in a teeny city coop, one black dog, and a bunch of honeybees [​IMG] Interested to hear how other city peeps are makin' the urban farm thing happen ;-)

5. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    I hatch and sell chicks of many breed year round. currently have many to choose from!!! PM ME i am just over the RI line into CT

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Anyone going to the Northeastern Poultry Conference? It's Jan 14th & 15th in Springfield, Mass. There will be a BYC table there, where BYCers can meet up and take a load off. Anyone willing to field questions at the table from the general masses for an hour or more is eligible for a 6 month GFM upgrade -PM Stoopid for details.

Hope to see you there! I'll be in my newly acquired blue (and man, is it blue!) BYC hoodie. -Martha

7. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    see you there martha, im showing my call ducks. ill PM stoopid because im sure i will have a spare hour or 2 to sit and answer questions about BYC ive been on here a long time. And never have been a gold feather member!

8. ruffles

ruffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Hi, we reside in Rehoboth, Mass, borders Rhode Island.

My husband born on Federal Hill, family moved to Warwick when he was 10, he is now 68, dad still resides in Warwick and some what is left of the family.

9. ruffles

ruffles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2009
    Hi, we reside in Rehoboth, Mass, borders Rhode Island.

My husband born on Federal Hill, family moved to Warwick when he was 10, he is now 68, dad still resides in Warwick and some what is left of the family.

10. DreadElliot

DreadElliot Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Coventry, RI
    Quote:Check the PECK FB page. There are a couple that I have seen. Mostly bantams though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by