Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
Almost sounds like heart failure to me. If you have a stethoscope and she will let you listen to her lungs. If her breathing sounds gurgly you can probably suspect it is her heart. I'm not certain what normal chicken heart sounds are supposed to sound like but in a human or other mammal, in heart failure the beat will be a galloping sound instead of a 'lubdub'.

I agree with Alaskan. It is heartbreaking for you, I know but your last act of love towards your RIR is to let her go peacefully if it is age so she does not suffer. Hopefully it isn't something that will go through the rest of your flock.

Thank you both she was my favourite but her feet are swollen and red, she's not preen so my dad is going to put her out of her misery while I'm at school.

Thank you both she was my favourite but her feet are swollen and red, she's not preen so my dad is going to put her out of her misery while I'm at school.

The swollen feet go along with the guess of heart failure..... VERY difficult for you to loose your pet, but at least it is nothing contagious, and you now know that the rest of tour flock is safe.

RIP my baby
jumpy.gif
i'll remember you forever as the chook that loved belly rubs and cuddles
hit.gif

My favorite saying is that pets leave paw prints on your heart. Maybe chickens don't have paws but those silly feet of theirs sure have a way of leaving foot prints on our hearts. I still mourn the first little Cochin Bantam roo I had when I was in my teens.

Back
Top Bottom