Rhodebar Sexlink

MandaRae

For the love of 🐓Chickens & Sunflowers 🌻
5 Years
Jan 3, 2019
Pitt County, North Carolina
Where are my Rhodebar experts? 😁
These are supposed to be Sexlink Rhodebars. I have no idea which is Cockrel or pullet.

The breeder sent the wrong eggs i was supposed to get Maran/legbar crosses and they still haven't gotten back to me on how to sex them.

Attachments

• 20220514_151144.jpg
    20220514_151144.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220514_103131.jpg
    20220514_103131.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 12
My time to shine 😈 I don't think I've ever see Rhodebars in the "what breed or gender" forum. Very cool! I haven't had any chicks of the breed since 2014 but from what I can tell they look to be pullets. Get some better pictures after they dry-off though! I can't speak for your line, but years ago they were super easy to sex, only the males at a grey color and a headspot. Did they come out of light brown eggs? It could be the lighting, but I have to admit the egg color looks a bit off in the incubator picture for a Rhodebar. Where did you get them? Ever since I've had Rhodebars I've wanted more but the only reputable breeder I can find nowadays for them is Greenfire Farms because they lost their short-lived fad and either they've been sold out or unavailable when I've wanted chicks. Consider yourself lucky you have some! They are so very friendly. They were the only breed I've raised where almost all of the five hens were lap chickens and were so naughty. Very inquisitive and always biting and exploring with their beaks. They're very interactive and lack fear.

My time to shine 😈 I don't think I've ever see Rhodebars in the "what breed or gender" forum. Very cool! I haven't had any chicks of the breed since 2014 but from what I can tell they look to be pullets. Get some better pictures after they dry-off though! I can't speak for your line, but years ago they were super easy to sex, only the males at a grey color and a headspot. Did they come out of light brown eggs? It could be the lighting, but I have to admit the egg color looks a bit off in the incubator picture for a Rhodebar. Where did you get them? Ever since I've had Rhodebars I've wanted more but the only reputable breeder I can find nowadays for them is Greenfire Farms because they lost their short-lived fad and either they've been sold out or unavailable when I've wanted chicks. Consider yourself lucky you have some! They are so very friendly. They were the only breed I've raised where almost all of the five hens were lap chickens and were so naughty. Very inquisitive and always biting and exploring with their beaks. They're very interactive and lack fear.
I got them from Papa's Poultry and he has them listed as from the Greenfire Farm line!
These are the egg colors they hatched from.
They were in with my Legbar eggs I also got from him.

Attachments

• 20220514_161305.jpg
    20220514_161305.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 12
I got them from Papa's Poultry and he has them listed as from the Greenfire Farm line!
These are the egg colors they hatched from.
They were in with my Legbar eggs I also got from him.
Those are not Rhodebar eggs :/ Their egg color should be a shade of tan or brown, definitely no green or blue. Perhaps they're a mix? Sexing wise, I can't give input this young because I doubt they're even part Rhodebar unless a rooster hopped a fence. 😕

They are supposed to be an Olive layer. I can't get the breeder to message me back. Originally I was supposed to get the Maran crossed with Legbars.
But he had the egg code marked as R: Rhodebar- autosexing breed direct from Greenfire

🤔

Back
Top Bottom