Ribh's D'Coopage

I will make another of these for my 2nd DIL, who has a birthday next week, & pair them with a couple of nice candles. I don't know her very well [they haven't been married all that long] so I hope she likes them. My other DIL doesn't like hand made stuff & is really hard to buy for. :idunno
What do you think? Yes? No? Go for something else?
3900e374-3493-4dc4-8d3a-f396ed8c5ba1.jpg

I will make another of these for my 2nd DIL, who has a birthday next week, & pair them with a couple of nice candles. I don't know her very well [they haven't been married all that long] so I hope she likes them. My other DIL doesn't like hand made stuff & is really hard to buy for. :idunno
View attachment 2177077
I'm going "yes" because it's gorgeous and has your time and focus in it.

Sidenote: I'm real tired of people who aren't grateful for gifts. I don't care if the receiver doesn't like this or that, they should show respect and grant the giver some dignity through genuine gratitude.

By the way, I'm getting such a lot of use out of my lap rug!

I'm going "yes" because it's gorgeous and has your time and focus in it.

Sidenote: I'm real tired of people who aren't grateful for gifts. I don't care if the receiver doesn't like this or that, they should show respect and grant the giver some dignity through genuine gratitude.

By the way, I'm getting such a lot of use out of my lap rug!
It's been cold, hasn't it? Glad you are enjoying the rug. :hugs
I was always taught to be grateful even if you hated a gift. Someone has put time & thought, not to say money, into giving you something...:idunno

View attachment 2177077
I love them but they are not for me. I'm sorry I don't know the ladies involved so I don't feel qualified to provide gift advice.

This is something that I simply cannot understand. My brother is like that. So ungracious. We were raised by the same parents. It drives me crazy.

By the way, I was still enjoying my lap rug 3 weeks ago! Thank you so much for the wonderful gift. It was very thoughtful.

I love them but they are not for me. I'm sorry I don't know the ladies involved so I don't feel qualified to provide gift advice.
All good, Bob. :) I wasn't really expecting the blokes to chip in. They are rather old fashioned so you either like that stuff or you don't. I thought the ladies might have a better idea. I do use them because we are extremely rough on pretty much everything we own & they save the table tops from the worst of it. Our kids don't even refer to our decorating style as *country*. It is *rustic* ~ as in pretty much banged up & a bit rough & ready. :lau I tend to have bits of plants just stuck in odd jars to root before planting on & when I run out of windowsill they get dumped on table tops. I get phenomenal scratches unless I protect them with something. :)

Back
Top Bottom