Ribh's D'Coopage

I had The littlies yesterday until late afternoon. As soon as they'd headed off to their BBQ I went out to the chickens. I swear they were super pleased to see me on my own with no littlies in tow. We had our usual dinner time pig out. Alpia was thrilled to be able to eat out of my hand. Ha'penny, Wrold & Aoife all lined up. Mhari is laying again; 2 blue eggs yesterday.

Best of all I got 2 cuddles from escapees. :lau Alpia chatted away but I was surprised by her weight. She is a well stuffed little chicken!:gigAoife also got cuddle time & seem more than happy to settle into my arms & have her head stroked.

What really surprised me, because they have been so very good with the children, is how pleased everyone was for it to be just us again. :D

dcd2905d-31fd-429b-bc59-f5bd8d86b0b8.jpg

She's broody again. I don't think she quite shook off the last bout. She settled herself in the house nest box again. I left a couple of eggs in there through forgetfulness, and she was on them like a rat up a drainpipe. I evicted her to the current favourite dust bath spot. I even managed to make her shake before she came back into the house.
Yes, she is in the nest box again tonight. I've been too busy and it's been too hot to deal with.:oops:
I've just finished doing Tribe 2's legs...well four sets anyway. Lots of slippery feet and annoyed hens.:lol:
View attachment 2272230
Such a pity she can't sit but I understand.

Jeannie, the girls hate change. Time without the littles was comforting to them. But do reintroduce the littles again tomorrow. The girls will get used to them and they the girls.
The girls have been very good about the kiddies & I'm not a routine person so they are used to things being mixed up a bit but they were just so happy to have *us* time. :D And it was nice not having to watch my tail puller constantly. Luckily she did it to Suyin who is very placid & has been brilliant with the children but not a habit to be encouraged.

Good morning everyone 😊

hello Jeannie :frow how are things going? I just love seeing your birds 😍
I had a head to head with our Little Lord yesterday. :lau He finally met his match. I'm still bigger than a 3yr old & when I say *no* it is not up for debate.:gig

Which canals were you thinking of. I've done a few days on The Grand Union Canal. It would have been nice if the sun had shone.:lol:
My holiday recommendation is still Sicily.
After a life in Adelaide, I'll be ok with much less sun for a while! The network basically. If a canal is connected to other canals and the boat is narrow enough and fits in the locks, I hope to visit. I'll tie up somewhere convenient when it gets really cold or iced up. I'm also hoping to do a few long walks in the dales, maybe after all the cruising.

I know! When Bob and Ribh were saying 47% was steamy I’m like... that’s our winter humidity! Summer is 95 degrees and 78-80 something percent humidity... you can’t breathe! And I’m the type who sweats like a horse.. so you literally look like a candle melting 🥵
I so wish we had that low of humidity cuz I really don’t mind the heat.. and when the humidity is low it’s really great out! Even when it’s 95!
I feel the same about heat. Remember last summer Adelaide went through a week of heat around 114f. If it's not above 105, it's not all that hot :oops: 100F is my idea of a rather warm day, but not hot.

Back
Top Bottom