Ribh's D'Coopage

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
😟:hugs
Do you have anything to distract yourself? A good movie, book or audio book?

Here's a story.

When I was around 7 years old I was rough housing with my big brother while my parents were out and I fell. My brother and sisters (all older than me) didn't believe that I had hurt myself and thought I was just complaining for attention as usual.

We all ended up sitting in front of the telly watching "Gilligan's Island".

The belief that I was acting up for attention was further reinforced by the fact that I only started whining during the ad breaks.

The parents came home, heard the story and thought I was putting it on too. To be on the safe side (and to shut me up I think) they took me to the doctor.

Mum tells the doctor what had happened but that I was always acting like Dame Nellie Melba and there was probably nothing wrong.

Turns out I had broken my collar bone.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that Gilligan's Island is a good distraction from pain. 😉

My OG did her shoulder blade playing soccer. What a nightmare. Super active child had to lie still for about a week. She nearly went crazy & took us all with her!

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Hi @Ribh. I am so sorry ypu lost Medh. I’m sorry about my last thoughtless post when I did not read ahead. As others have stated, she had a good life with you. Hugs!
No problems Michelle. I would never assume one of us was being insensitive ~ just hasn't arrived yet. :hugsWe all struggle to keep up on these threads. She had a great life & extended by many months. I was surprised to lose her because the vet seemed fairly confident but that's chickens for you!

RoyalChick

Crossing the Road
Nov 3, 2019
Northern New Jersey
My Coop
My Coop
Is there a memorandum for chickens that says they can't go to bed early? We have a massive storm breaking over our heads & both my crazy lots are huddled under the coop rather than going to bed early where it's nice & dry!
Yes absolutely. You should have been copied on it - probably just an error if you missed it. The memorandum covers other essential chicken rules like you must always drink from the dirtiest source of water available; you must always stick together except when your human wants to round you up in which case you must scatter in as many different directions as possible; and of course you must always lay your egg in the same box as your friends even if that means all piling in at once (the only allowable exception being when you lay it in a place that is completely impossible to find).
I am sure if you ask nicely one of your ladies will show you a copy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom