Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks so much. She has disappeared this morning. If she doesn't come sit with me tonight I guess tomorrow will be it. I'm afraid she is letting us know it's time. It's bittersweet. I have know this day was coming but I needed her to tell me when she was ready. 😥
So sorry Bob. I know it is incredibly hard.
I had 3 cats all from the same litter. One lived to about 18 and the other two died within days of each other just shy of 20.
One of them just faded away in my lap and the other demanded to be let out (she spent nearly 20 years as a house cat and she suddenly was desperate to go out in the middle of the night in the rain). It was difficult but I decided she was in so much distress I had to let her go. She marched off into the night never to return.
I loved them all so much it still brings tears to my eyes, but cats know when it is time to go.
She will tell you. She looks comfortable there on the sofa.

Thanks so much. She has disappeared this morning. If she doesn't come sit with me tonight I guess tomorrow will be it. I'm afraid she is letting us know it's time. It's bittersweet. I have know this day was coming but I needed her to tell me when she was ready. 😥
:hugs I believe they know when they are dying.

That batch just love you! Great job raising them! 👏
They are super sweet chickens. 🥰 I have been very lucky.
I have been wondering how Oshina's feathering was coming out. That is pretty darn special. 😍
She is spectacular! Several of my girls have wonderful feathering but even so she stands out. Her colouring is an absolute joy! :)
Gloriana lost! That is amazing. Sansa has only lost to Aurora. Apparently she is much better at picking her victims.

I thought you were the one saying GLWs were nice? I'm confused.
Gloriana did lose ~ big time. She has lost every dominance display I've seen. It's weird because she is a big girl & going to be even bigger.

As she's matured she has begun displaying those less attractive Sansa~like qualities ~ but has yet to reach Sansa extremes. I'm hoping she won't go that far. And mostly she doesn't do it to the lot she arrived with, though she does tend to bully Portia a bit. Portia is still a big fluffy baby. Gloriana is now the lead hen of that lot ~ for the present. I think there may be some trouble as Freya becomes more sure of herself.

Happy Caturday all.
View attachment 2621227

I'm coming to terms with the fact that Isabel won't be with us much longer at all. We may only have days left. We are likely going to have to make the decision in the next day or so. We have had over 17 wonderful years together.
I am so sorry, Bob. That will be a hard loss to bear. :hugs

I must have been stalking you without knowing :) :D because I landed up in the wrong thread
It happens. :lol: There are 3 threads some of us hang out on & this sort of muddle used to be pretty common. We are used to it & usually get our news anyway but not so good if you aren't used to it.:hugsIt's nice to have you here however you arrived.

It happens. :lol: There are 3 threads some of us hang out on & this sort of muddle used to be pretty common. We are used to it & usually get our news anyway but not so good if you aren't used to it.:hugsIt's nice to have you here however you arrived.
Thank you and I believe you directed me on that sand I need for my girls, a friend is going to pick some up for me, so thanks again for that :hugs

Back
Top Bottom