Ribh's D'Coopage

I love your vertical gardening! ❤️
How long does it take the elks and stags to cover their boards? It's going to look spectacular.
Oh Lord - silly me - elks and stags are plants! I just spent several minutes zooming in on the photo to look for horns mounted on the posts and puzzling why Ribh would have Elk horns when I doubt Elks live in Australia (even though they are big enough to kill you).
:lau :lau
I think I may have to go back to bed and start the day over again. :oops:

Oh Lord - silly me - elks and stags are plants! I just spent several minutes zooming in on the photo to look for horns mounted on the posts and puzzling why Ribh would have Elk horns when I doubt Elks live in Australia (even though they are big enough to kill you).
I am so, so sorry RC! I never thought of the other sort ~ which you probably have. :lau Ours are the ones on the big boards.

I love your vertical gardening! ❤️
How long does it take the elks and stags to cover their boards? It's going to look spectacular.
I had to ask the man because these are already several seasons old & being different varieties they will grow in different ways. The one on the tree will cover the board in a couple of years. Some of the others are dwarfs & will take longer ~ but they will eventually cover their board but they will be pretty mature.

Good evening everyone 😴

We're chronic & can't help ourselves. As soon as the last screw was in we raided the man's stock for stags & elks & put up the pots for orchids. In time the orchids will totally cover & hide the pots & the stags will cover the boards to landscape vertically as well as horizontally.

In one of @Shadrach's rants he spoke about how chickens don't like being penned so I was expecting some resistance to their freedom being curtailed. To my surprise they have adjusted to the new regime remarkably well. The run is as interesting as we can make it. I will put in a pond & have it positioned in the N/E corner but I will have to wait till August/September before we can harvest our waterlilies or sprout some lotus. I have hanging baskets that can easily be put up & a couple of hollow stumps set aside that I can plant something in & hope the girls will give it a chance. All our leaf litter goes in the run too & so far, between the coop & the run everyone seems to have enough space to operate happily.
View attachment 2725189
That turned out amazing 😍I'm sure they love it !

We're chronic & can't help ourselves. As soon as the last screw was in we raided the man's stock for stags & elks & put up the pots for orchids. In time the orchids will totally cover & hide the pots & the stags will cover the boards to landscape vertically as well as horizontally.

In one of @Shadrach's rants he spoke about how chickens don't like being penned so I was expecting some resistance to their freedom being curtailed. To my surprise they have adjusted to the new regime remarkably well. The run is as interesting as we can make it. I will put in a pond & have it positioned in the N/E corner but I will have to wait till August/September before we can harvest our waterlilies or sprout some lotus. I have hanging baskets that can easily be put up & a couple of hollow stumps set aside that I can plant something in & hope the girls will give it a chance. All our leaf litter goes in the run too & so far, between the coop & the run everyone seems to have enough space to operate happily.
View attachment 2725189
I'm very glad they have adjusted to it well. I figured they would. It looks wonderful.

Thank you for admitting that. It made me chuckle. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom