Ribh's D'Coopage

My new job is going so amazing! I've been promoted twice already. I'm now making deliveries all through the state. Today I traveled to the western part of our state, Pittsburgh area.

We have a toll road that goes the width of the state from East to West. It's called the Pennsylvania Turnpike and was started in the 1930's. The reason the time is important is due to the tunnels that were drilled through the mountains for the road.

Today I took a bunch of pictures as we drove out west. I have lived in Pennsylvania my entire life and I have only traveled the turnpike once in my life. I was about 3 hours from my home at the farthest point.

I took a bunch of pictures, I hope you guys enjoy the trip too!

20210728_151635.jpg

This is the Allegheny Mountain Tunnel.

20210728_161923.jpg

This is the Tuscarora Tunnel. It is currently under construction, she we had to cross over and go the wrong way in the other tunnel.

20210728_162919.jpg

This is Kittatinny Mountain.

20210728_163025.jpg

This is Blue Mountain.

20210728_163034.jpg

This is the inside of the tunnel.

20210728_163135.jpg

This is the view exiting the Blue Mountain Tunnel.

I hope you enjoyed this little trip!!!

My new job is going so amazing! I've been promoted twice already. I'm now making deliveries all through the state. Today I traveled to the western part of our state, Pittsburgh area.

We have a toll road that goes the width of the state from East to West. It's called the Pennsylvania Turnpike and was started in the 1930's. The reason the time is important is due to the tunnels that were drilled through the mountains for the road.

Today I took a bunch of pictures as we drove out west. I have lived in Pennsylvania my entire life and I have only traveled the turnpike once in my life. I was about 3 hours from my home at the farthest point.

View attachment 2777097

View attachment 2777099
This is the Tuscarora Tunnel. It is currently under construction, she we had to cross over and go the wrong way in the other tunnel.

View attachment 2777102

View attachment 2777104
This is Blue Mountain.

View attachment 2777106

View attachment 2777107

So glad the new job is going well and you are enjoying exploring the state!

View attachment 2777097

View attachment 2777099

View attachment 2777102

View attachment 2777104
This is Blue Mountain.

View attachment 2777106

View attachment 2777107

If you only knew how many times I have driven the PA Turnpike. You left me speechless with this revelation. I am so happy for you and your new job.

This will scare you even more about the age of those tunnels. The PA Turnpike was built over the old railroad track beds from the Pennsylvania RR because the tunnels WERE ALREADY THERE!

If you only knew how many times I have driven the PA Turnpike. You left me speechless with this revelation. I am so happy for you and your new job.

This will scare you even more about the age of those tunnels. The PA Turnpike was built over the old railroad track beds from the Pennsylvania RR because the tunnels WERE ALREADY THERE!
That's cool!

View attachment 2777097

View attachment 2777099

View attachment 2777102

View attachment 2777104
This is Blue Mountain.

View attachment 2777106

View attachment 2777107

That's great to hear. It's nice to receive recognition.

Great photos. To me it looks like people are only driving on the correct side of the road in the second photo. 🤣

Sad news for my family though. Our beautiful Golden Retriever, Stella, started limping last Thursday and got drastically worse before we could get her to the vet. We also noticed a lump under her left ear. The vet thought it was an enlarged lymph node and that the limp was probably arthritis (she's 14 and a half), so we booked her in for a biopsy today plus x-rays of her chest and limbs. (she has also had an occasional cough for a while).

The x-rays showed that her lungs are riddled with cancer. :hitThe vet says she may have anything from a few months to a few weeks left. She is still a happy, loving girl and we have her home with us and lots of painkillers to keep her comfortable.

IMG20190110102526.jpg

Sad news for my family though. Our beautiful Golden Retriever, Stella, started limping last Thursday and got drastically worse before we could get her to the vet. We also noticed a lump under her left ear. The vet thought it was an enlarged lymph node and that the limp was probably arthritis (she's 14 and a half), so we booked her in for a biopsy today plus x-rays of her chest and limbs. (she has also had an occasional cough for a while).

The x-rays showed that her lungs are riddled with cancer. :hitThe vet says she may have anything from a few months to a few weeks left. She is still a happy, loving girl and we have her home with us and lots of painkillers to keep her comfortable.

View attachment 2777384
So sorry to hear this :hugs :hugs Spend as much time as you can making lasting memories and loving her.

We went through cancer with our girl, mouth cancer 😭

Back
Top Bottom