Ribh's D'Coopage

My little *I want to be people* Olivia is a real chicken.
Today she squatted for me then laid her 1st egg in a nesting box.
I happened to see her investigating her options when I went to collect the egg under Luna, which wasn't Luna's. Olivia couldn't believe her luck. My shoulder was @ the perfect height for landing! 🤣 Here is Olivia's 1st egg beside one of Soda's for comparison.
View attachment 2778594
My Nyssa has started laying again! Two eggs in the last three days! And Charlie has been inspecting nests and squatting for DH.

🤔🤗Wow! I collect eggs all day, partly because in summer I have broodies to discourage! :lol: But also Lavender was a klutz & while she is no longer with us I've just decided removing eggs as soon as possible is the best idea. I also have 2 frizzle Wyandottes coming along & everything says they are going to be huge girls!:eek:
There’s also something special about collecting eggs while they are still warm.🤗

Oh, she's a heavy girl! I worry any time I actually have to handle her! She weighs about the same as a toddler. Her sister, Hepzibah, is less than 1/2 her size & doesn't weigh anywhere near as heavy.
I was really surprised after first picking up Charlie the Australorp and Bessie the Barred Rock. After handling the ISAs, they felt twice as heavy!

Kitchen Update

The Installation is (kind of) complete. Unfortunately we were missing 3 hinges, a piece of bulkhead and the power cord for the under cupboard lights. 😟 I will order them from IKEA once they are back in stock and the builder will come back to install them.

Once the electrician and plumber come on Monday the kitchen should be usable.

Here is what it looked like this morning when the builder had been working for a few hours.
PXL_20210804_233600171.jpg

Here is what it looks like now
PXL_20210805_041836269.jpg
PXL_20210805_041842500.jpg
PXL_20210805_041849767.jpg

The bottom corner cupboard and the two pantries on the right are still awaiting hinges for their doors.

Last edited:
Kitchen Update

The Installation is (kind of) complete. Unfortunately we were missing 3 hinges, a piece of bulkhead and the power cord for the under cupboard lights. 😟 I will order them from IKEA once they are back in stock and the builder will come back to install them.

Here is what it looked like this morning when the builder had been working for a few hours.
View attachment 2786396

View attachment 2786397View attachment 2786398View attachment 2786399

The bottom corner cupboard and the two pantries on the right are still awaiting hinges for their doors.
I love it!! Wow, I'm so impressed at how quickly it came together!

Kitchen Update

View attachment 2786396

View attachment 2786397View attachment 2786398View attachment 2786399

It looks fantastic! You won't know yourselves.

I love it!! Wow, I'm so impressed at how quickly it came together!

It looks fantastic! You won't know yourselves.
Thank you. I can't wait for it to be completely finished. The leads for the under cupboard lights won't be in stock until October though so we will have lights that don't work for a few months.
It will be functionally finished well before then (I hope) but still.... 😟

Back
Top Bottom