Ribh's D'Coopage

More or less. The fences are pretty good but some of the gates are dodgy. A very determined dog could get in but the chickens can't be seen from the roadside. Next door has a kelpie X [ a herding breed]. He gets very excited when I start rounding the girls up but he's never attempted to jump the fence. That would be my lot. 🙄 They actually have more free ranging & more space here ~ not that they really seem to spread out all that much. They have adjusted very quickly. It was only the first night I was chasing Campines round the yard on dusk & hoying them out of trees. Now everyone comes looking for me @ dinner time & rush to get in the shed.
You have done an amazing job getting them acclimated so fast. The broodies are proof of that!

Needles to mention it's raining. It rains a lot in this country. I had forgotton just how much. I took the opportunity to shelter from the rain in the coop run with the chickens. Nobody objected and the one at the bottom of the picture stood on my foot and looked for a moment as if she was going to risk a leap for my leg.
View attachment 2851417
This is the coop showing the coop run the covered portion and the outside run. When I let them out they get out of both these areas into a fenced area of about 600 square meters.
View attachment 2851418
How much free range time are you able to provide them?

Koffee Klatch Wednesday Wherever

From my daughter's house. No chickens to be found anywhere. :(
20211001_070456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom