Ribh's D'Coopage

This and one other are the hens giving me most concern. She's a very friendly hen. She was one of the first to let me pick her up which is good because I needed to get a good look at her. I've seen her poop a couple of times now and there is no sign of worms or cocccidiosis. It doesn't mean she doesn't have either but no evidence is a good start. She's not eating the commercial feed which isn't helping. I'll be trying out various foods like fish and wlanuts which she will eat in an attempt to get her weight up while she's moulting.
I'm spending a couple of hours a day with them at the moment. The weather makes things rather difficult but I've got decent rain clothes and they are well worht a bit of personal discomfort. It's all going to be slow progress but progress we will make, one way or another.
View attachment 2851422
She doesn't look comfy.

Sharing is caring...
Portia has to wait as she is larger than most. 🤣
20211001_115254.jpg

Even with 3 broodies I have been getting close to a dozen eggs most days ~ which means I have been accumulating eggs rather fast ~ much faster than I can use them. 🙄 So I have been prowling up & down the street fobbing them off on anyone willing to take them off my hands. I figure I now know more of the lad's neighbours than the lad does. Number 13 not only took close to 4 dozen eggs off my hands he paid to do so! 🤣 I was happy just to off load them & not see them go to waste but he raved about them: such orange yolks! Such wonderful flavour! Happy to contribute to their feed bill. I can't see me getting rich this way. 🤣

Even with 3 broodies I have been getting close to a dozen eggs most days ~ which means I have been accumulating eggs rather fast ~ much faster than I can use them. 🙄 So I have been prowling up & down the street fobbing them off on anyone willing to take them off my hands. I figure I now know more of the lad's neighbours than the lad does. Number 13 not only took close to 4 dozen eggs off my hands he paid to do so! 🤣 I was happy just to off load them & not see them go to waste but he raved about them: such orange yolks! Such wonderful flavour! Happy to contribute to their feed bill. I can't see me getting rich this way. 🤣
Nice one number 13! A bit of egg enthusiasm never goes astray :D

Maybe not, but still nice of him. Hopefully you got the chance to explain about how bad battery farm eggs are so he won’t buy them in future.

Came across this poem randomly today:

Squatter's Rights​

(Richard Shaw)

Listen, kitten,
Get this clear,
This is my chair.
I sit here.

Okay, kitty,
We can share;
When I'm not home,
It's your chair.

Listen cat