Ribh's D'Coopage

:he:he:he

I wonder about people sometimes.
I had a phone call today from my DIL offering me 4 free chooks.:th
The Child Care Centre has to rehome their bantams & DIL thought I might like them.
Firstly I'm pretty sure the chooks are silkies. DIL wasn't sure. I'm not a fan of silkies & I already have 3 chooks I should never have acquired.

Secondly, I don't actually have a proper coop @ present.
Thirdly, I'm already pushing the limit with the numbers I'm allowed here even if you count bantams as half a chook. 🤣
Fourthly, biosecurity, darlin', biosecurity. 🙄
Fifthly, Sikies= dumb & not predator savvy. I have a hawk. The only reason I figure he's ignoring my birds is my Campines are leery as of him.
Sixthly, Silkies =broody. Like I don't have enough wanna be mums on my hands.
I said no. Very definitely no.​
I have had people offer me stray chickens they have found several times.
I always have to explain about bio security, and about the fact that you can’t just chuck a strange chicken in with an established group.

WEDNESDAY WHEREVER. 🤫
New mug.
20220517_063039.jpg

Beatha likes it.
20220516_110438.jpg

I have had people offer me stray chickens they have found several times.
I always have to explain about bio security, and about the fact that you can’t just chuck a strange chicken in with an established group.
Quite right too. :D DIL grew up on a farm so I would have expected her to know better but I think sometimes farm types are the most ignorant. :(

:he:he:he

I wonder about people sometimes.
I had a phone call today from my DIL offering me 4 free chooks.:th
The Child Care Centre has to rehome their bantams & DIL thought I might like them.
Firstly I'm pretty sure the chooks are silkies. DIL wasn't sure. I'm not a fan of silkies & I already have 3 chooks I should never have acquired.

Secondly, I don't actually have a proper coop @ present.
Thirdly, I'm already pushing the limit with the numbers I'm allowed here even if you count bantams as half a chook. 🤣
Fourthly, biosecurity, darlin', biosecurity. 🙄
Fifthly, Sikies= dumb & not predator savvy. I have a hawk. The only reason I figure he's ignoring my birds is my Campines are leery as of him.
Sixthly, Silkies =broody. Like I don't have enough wanna be mums on my hands.
I said no. Very definitely no.​
I understand being at your limit. I have 3 Silkie hens and neither have been broody but the EE bantams sit at the drop of a hat. Lol

I understand being at your limit. I have 3 Silkie hens and neither have been broody but the EE bantams sit at the drop of a hat. Lol
Wow. Most of the silkies I've known have spent their lives brooding ~ though all my bantams are pretty terrible that way. At least with the cooler weather everyone is out & about.

Wow. Most of the silkies I've known have spent their lives brooding ~ though all my bantams are pretty terrible that way. At least with the cooler weather everyone is out & about.
I think it was on Shad's thread you were asked if you break your broodies and I thought "if she did, she'd never have time for anything else!" They're chronic!

Back
Top Bottom