Ribh's D'Coopage

I suspect Ha'penny is considering going broody too. :th
She's been laying consistently in the nesting boxes but today she was running round the yard screaming like a demented harridan looking for somewhere to lay. There were 2 of her eggs here when I checked. I hope my fake eggs arrive soon...
I made this as an outside nest & the girls like it ~ but they know I rob it consistently.
Ha'penny in particular never accumulates eggs in a nesting box. She always hides her nest outside somewhere.​
View attachment 3218787
Sooooo, I've written before that from my observations that in order to carry out the behaviour you describe (looking for a new nest site) the hen is already planning on being broody. I used to see this nest site change a lot. Sometimes it was about other things but way to often to be a coincidence, they layed and then sat at the new nest site.

Sooooo, I've written before that from my observations that in order to carry out the behaviour you describe (looking for a new nest site) the hen is already planning on being broody. I used to see this nest site change a lot. Sometimes it was about other things but way to often to be a coincidence, they layed and then sat at the new nest site.
I'm a bit stressed as we're not out of winter yet & it hasn't really warmed up either. It looks like being a long broody season. Desdemona is nice & plump for brooding but Tsuri is a little on the thin side. Neither are all that good about getting up off the nest.

Such beautiful girls. 🥰 It gives me great pleasure to gaze upon your oddities. They come with personality plus!
Oddities they are for certain. I fear Glynda is not going to get a poof. She is going to look like a leghorn. :love

20220808_093041.jpg

I have contacted the breeder. I like to be prepared in advance. 🤣 She is just starting up now. She has a new Aracauna rooster who is out of quarrantine & doing his thing. A new Campine rooster arrives on the 27th. Nice to know there is diversity in the genetics. By the time I am ready to go she should be all good. I have to have surgery at some point so I'll be juggling things a bit but I am excited about the Campine. He sounds a beautiful bird with strong genetics.

I have contacted the breeder. I like to be prepared in advance. 🤣 She is just starting up now. She has a new Aracauna rooster who is out of quarrantine & doing his thing. A new Campine rooster arrives on the 27th. Nice to know there is diversity in the genetics. By the time I am ready to go she should be all good. I have to have surgery at some point so I'll be juggling things a bit but I am excited about the Campine. He sounds a beautiful bird with strong genetics.
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

But I'm sorry to hear about the surgery. Is it your skin again?

Back
Top Bottom