Ribh's D'Coopage

Chavi, my dog hating snuggle-pot.
She's most like Olivia. Still miss that feisty little chook.
20230619_115320.jpg

Apparently I was late dishing up dinner. First they came & admonished me then they still beat me to the coop where they milled around impatiently waiting for their full trays. 🙄
My girls are like that every afternoon. If I'm not there when they think it is time to eat they are all at the gate waiting. Then half the herd beats me to the barn door, several of them are underfoot while I get the feed then I have to make my way through the bunch to get outside where I toss the feed on the ground for them.

Cheeky rascal!

Meanwhile I haven't seen an egg in weeks.
I've been down to 1 or 2 eggs a week for the last month. Saddibus after everyone being broody all summer. I thought I'd lost her. Someone's Russian Blue was in the yard a couple of days ago stalking the chickens. As she'd taken on Portia & Ha'penny I wasn't too worried but the little ones are far more vulnerable. It's not the first time Ceres has done a sneaky sit & brood. You may remember she had only just started laying when she disappeared to sit the first time.

My girls are like that every afternoon. If I'm not there when they think it is time to eat they are all at the gate waiting. Then half the herd beats me to the barn door, several of them are underfoot while I get the feed then I have to make my way through the bunch to get outside where I toss the feed on the ground for them.
I'm usually fairly punctual. The cats make sure of it! 🤣 The girls are usually waiting for me around the coop door but on those occasions I am late they come looking for me!

Back
Top Bottom