Ribh's D'Coopage

This is a strawberry growing district. Our season generally starts about August & goes through September/October before it gets waaaay too hot. It will be weeks yet before I see any fruit & that is very dependent on me keeping the chooks away.
That's very cool. I love strawberries.

My first paid job was picking strawberries in the fields. Those strawberries went on to be in smuckers products. It was something to have cash in my pocket. We were paid in cash 9 cents a quart. Strawberry season was always right before the town carnival. Great timing for me to be tempted to waste it all.

Most people don't think of central PA as a huge strawberry growing area but the Blessing farm was huge, so was Mr. Blessing 😉. (We used to call him Belt because his belt was so big) The farm is gone now. His children sold off the land when he passed away.

This morning's sunrise.
Definitely on the nippy side.
20230630_062816.jpg

That's very cool. I love strawberries.

My first paid job was picking strawberries in the fields. Those strawberries went on to be in smuckers products. It was something to have cash in my pocket. We were paid in cash 9 cents a quart. Strawberry season was always right before the town carnival. Great timing for me to be tempted to waste it all.

Most people don't think of central PA as a huge strawberry growing area but the Blessing farm was huge, so was Mr. Blessing 😉. (We used to call him Belt because his belt was so big) The farm is gone now. His children sold off the land when he passed away.
My dad was the son of a market gardener. Strawberries was one of their crops. All the kids helped pick before the dew left the berries & covered them in banana leaves for the markets.

Happy Caturday from Lillan who lives up the street.

View attachment 3561945
She has a brown mark on her muzzle like Enzo! First time I noticed it I thought he had gotten into some soy sauce.

20230701_083436.jpg

He did not have it when we brought him home. He has been with us just over a year now!

20220627_154946.jpg

Back
Top Bottom