Ribh's D'Coopage

She actually let me have a really good look @ her today & she's obviously been molting for some time~ longer & harder than I thought. The new pin feathers are coming through nicely though so hopefully we are about done with the worst of it.
That is good news. Great job by you picking up that she wasn't herself with everything else that was/is going on.

She actually let me have a really good look @ her today & she's obviously been molting for some time~ longer & harder than I thought. The new pin feathers are coming through nicely though so hopefully we are about done with the worst of it.

So relieved! Molting seems to take a harder toll on my lighter/smaller girls too.

That is good news. Great job by you picking up that she wasn't herself with everything else that was/is going on.
She was very funny last night ~ & last night was a good night! We passed another milestone with oldies & newbies sharing the feeding tubs without squabbling. Lottie wasn't particularly hungry but she hopped up on my knee as usual & was dozing away in between pecking @ her tucker. I had one handful of food for Ha'penny who is loath to give up her hand fed status though as one of the older girls she has enough status to eat @ whatever tub she likes unhindered, & the other hand of food was being nibbled on by Alpia, Wrold & Morrigu in turn. Medh & Aoife had been watching this but they are skittish still ~ Medh less so since our time together in the big coop. Eventually it got too much for Medh & she approached cautiously ~ but not my hand, which would have been safe. Nope, she had to peck out of the little tub I use for Lottie. Well! She got a very sharp rap on her skull for her pains! That tub is Lottie's & no~one else is allowed to eat from it except, occasionally, Ha'penny. Even her mate, Tuppence, wasn't allowed to share. :D The whole flock knows it too! :lau All of my older girls will approach a hand for tid bitting but not one of them would dare stick their beak in Lottie's tub ~ especially with Lottie right there!

Good morning folks :frow

Jeannie, Medh learned a valuable lesson that everyone else apparently already knew. :gig I love reading about yours and other chicken adventures. Since I've started working full time, I just don't have the energy to hang out with the birds that I used to. When I'm feeding them, I still have a couple of turkey hens and one RIW hen that will let me pet them. But it's not the same as setting out there with treats enjoying their company. One day I'll get back to that place, but not for a few more years.

Back
Top Bottom