Ribh's D'Coopage

Yeah, I don't really know about dogs *says the woman who used a dalmation to herd children*. I notice more Americans than anyone else seems to use them as guards, even for chickens, but given the prey drive I'm not sure how that works out in reality. I'm not sure I'd ever really trust a dog.
I was taught that one should never trust any animal. It took me a while to realise humans were included in the advice.
The dogs here were trained by other dogs and this makes a world of difference. It all goes horribly wrong when people decide they are going to train animals.
There are exceptions but you won't find many compared to the number of 'dog trainers'.

I was taught that one should never trust any animal. It took me a while to realise humans were included in the advice.
The dogs here were trained by other dogs and this makes a world of difference. It all goes horribly wrong when people decide they are going to train animals.
There are exceptions but you won't find many compared to the number of 'dog trainers'.
That makes sense. It's how it works in the wild.

Here's the babies!!! They're 5 weeks old now.

View attachment 2071523

Sunny is marked with the red arrow. I'm leaning towards boy. Diamond is the blue arrow and is definitely a boy. Bob is the yellow arrow and is a girl. Lightning is the pink arrow and also a girl.

My silkie roo is sick. It's respiratory. I didn't hear him crow this morning and when I checked on him he fluffed up and sneezing. No discharge from any where so I gave him nutri-drench vitamins. He's I'm my spare dog kennel with food and water. He is still eating and drinking which is good.

View attachment 2071552

And more babies pictures just because...

View attachment 2071621View attachment 2071622View attachment 2071623View attachment 2071634

I hope every body is doing well!! We're hanging in there, we've been doing a lot of the chores we've been putting off.

Poor Silkie roo! ☹️ I don’t know anything about respiratory illnesses, what causes them? How do you treat them?

Something I thought my chook friends would enjoy...

1585826699779.png

Behold the Chicken Knight! Is this how roosters see themselves?

Poor Silkie roo! ☹ I don’t know anything about respiratory illnesses, what causes them? How do you treat them?
You start by isolating them from the flock immediately. Most respiratory illnesses spread quickly.

They can be viral or bacterial. Here the state will come to you and test for avian flu. PA has had no cases of avian flu in chickens since the early 80s.

If you see eye discharge as well it could be mycoplasma and you need to treat immediately with antibiotics.

Good evening everyone 😊

Here's the babies!!! They're 5 weeks old now.

View attachment 2071523

Sunny is marked with the red arrow. I'm leaning towards boy. Diamond is the blue arrow and is definitely a boy. Bob is the yellow arrow and is a girl. Lightning is the pink arrow and also a girl.

My silkie roo is sick. It's respiratory. I didn't hear him crow this morning and when I checked on him he fluffed up and sneezing. No discharge from any where so I gave him nutri-drench vitamins. He's I'm my spare dog kennel with food and water. He is still eating and drinking which is good.

View attachment 2071552

And more babies pictures just because...

View attachment 2071621View attachment 2071622View attachment 2071623View attachment 2071634

I hope every body is doing well!! We're hanging in there, we've been doing a lot of the chores we've been putting off.

Too cute 😍 hope your roo feels better soon :hugs

You start by isolating them from the flock immediately. Most respiratory illnesses spread quickly.

They can be viral or bacterial. Here the state will come to you and test for avian flu. PA has had no cases of avian flu in chickens since the early 80s.

If you see eye discharge as well it could be mycoplasma and you need to treat immediately with antibiotics.

Yep exactly! Thank you Bob!

So far no discharge, just some sneezing and congestion. He is normal all except that sneezing. He's eating, drinking, and pooping fine. He's getting his chicken vitamins and scrambled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom