Ribh's D'Coopage

I was outside being nibbled to death by mozzies last night attempting to catch my girls' roosting antics for posterity (and you lovely people). In the process I was able to get a couple of really nice portraits which I'd like to share.

Pepper showing herself to good advantageView attachment 2010418

Alice looking at the camera
View attachment 2010422

Now I'm off to try and get a nice shot of Tsuki especially for ByBob
They are gorgeous!🥰

So today we took the island car to the mainland because
  • our girl had the mainland one
  • there is no island mechanic @ present & we had a dodgy tire
  • we had a whole heap of building supplies to get back on the island
  • plus chook food & wood chips.
I'd booked us on the 9.15, which allowed for a nice leisurely morning with plenty of coffee. Unlike the barge for the big island there is no onboard air conditioned caff so we sweltered all the way to the mainland. Five exhausted hours later we sweltered our way back again. I was fretting about my girls, confined to their coop run, which has the essentials of food & water but is nowhere as interesting as the large run. The 1st thing I did when I got home was let them out but of course it was dinner time...:rolleyes: I left the gate open...They are good girls & headed back into their coop when I called them as it got darker. Tomorrow they should have a full day out.

Sounds exhausting! Glad you've got a home day tomorrow.
Me too! I've had 3 days on the mainland this week~ mostly to do with the house because my children are opinionated & though they have all moved out they all put in dibs on the colour scheme. I imagine no~one will be happy. I like colour; I don't mind strong colour. One lad wanted all white. Never going to happen. One wanted grey...so depressing. One likes orange red, a colour I cannot abide. The purple freak @ least did not venture an opinion though I believe she has painted her present room gold...visions of Donald Trump.😳

@Aussie-Chookmum : I'm so glad you shared. Sorry to be so brief. Mainland in awful heat I can't manage this site well on my phone but I am delighted to see portraits of your girls!

Thanks Ribh, I'm very glad you liked them. :)

I always feel a bit hesitant to post photos on people's threads because I don't want to appear to be "taking over".

So today we took the island car to the mainland because
  • our girl had the mainland one
  • there is no island mechanic @ present & we had a dodgy tire
  • we had a whole heap of building supplies to get back on the island
  • plus chook food & wood chips.
I'd booked us on the 9.15, which allowed for a nice leisurely morning with plenty of coffee. Unlike the barge for the big island there is no onboard air conditioned caff so we sweltered all the way to the mainland. Five exhausted hours later we sweltered our way back again. I was fretting about my girls, confined to their coop run, which has the essentials of food & water but is nowhere as interesting as the large run. The 1st thing I did when I got home was let them out but of course it was dinner time...:rolleyes: I left the gate open...They are good girls & headed back into their coop when I called them as it got darker. Tomorrow they should have a full day out.

Did you remember to bring an old tyre or two home?

Back
Top Bottom