Ribh's D'Coopage

Wow... you know you have a good bunch of people around you when there are multiple people who understand splicing rope :p or maybe just a bunch of islanders! Since the GMO hysteria hit more people get the term “splice” mostly thanks to genetics and “Oh my, what are they doing to those veggies with fish genes?” But back in my teens (when I was earning $.75 per splice being paid piecework and making $20+\hr at it) when I would tell people what I was doing for work I got a lot of confusion about it. A skill I learned from my paternal grandfather and never though I would use actually turned into a decent paying job.
I did some very simple splicing when I was sailing but I doubt I could still do it now. 😃 The man wanted some rope for plant things last mainland trip & we stood in the hardware for ages comparing texture & composition because he used to do boat tows ~ his first job ~ & we both know some ropes just won't hold a knot unless you keep the tension on. Most are now heaps better than that dreadful nylon stuff that was useless for all practical purposes.

Sue no longer has any extra attachments :celebrate :ya They removed her pic line today. I'm happy but that could be a good and bad story. If they still want daily blood draws, that means a new needle poke every day. She's covered in bruises for all of the pokes so far. She's always bruised easily.
She's been doing so well!

The Cuddle Puddle.
[ Such a descriptive term; thanks, MJ]
20200703_123451 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom