Ribh's D'Coopage

Adventures of the Escapee.
That Aoife was out of the run will not be news to anybody here. Yesterday she decided that squatting for me was so Millenial & a couple of circuits round the run with me in pursuit was the way to go! So off we went, Aoife @ a gentle trot, me rather more slowly & carefully. The fishing rod was propping open the coop door so I was on my own 2 trotters.

There are a number of obstacles on this crazy circuit, mostly tree roots & a nasty native vine with prickles, whos days are numbered once I find the secateurs, but as we come round the corner nearest the house there are about 4 sleepers lined up next to the run ready for the next stage of the extension & all my escapees like to squeeze between the sleepers & the wire where it is hardest for me to nab them. So Aoife happily scooted into the space, secure in the knowledge that I was much to old & slow to nab her before she was ready to be nabbed ~ only she had miscalculated badly! Sitting in all his mottled & white majestic glory @ the other end of her escape route was Marlow! I've never seen a chicken so flabbergasted! She didn't know whether to run the gauntlet & chance Marlow or backtrack hastily into my waiting hands. She chose my hands ~ & we had a nice little cuddle while she told me it was terribly unfair & a mean dirty trick to wrangle in outsiders like that! :gig :lau:lau:gig

Ten minutes later she tried again. Round we went & ~ Bang into Marlow again! Aoife was not impressed! We got all the squwaks & protests!

At least it was Marlow. He just looked @ her like she was the imp from Hades that she undoubtedly is & asked me what I thought I was doing cuddling that crazy bird when he was available? Kirby had had a kill that morning & it always rouses his blood instincts so he is never fully trusted around the chickens but Marlow is pretty mellow. ;)
He he he. :gig

It's like you and Marlow planned it. I love it.

I arrived @ the mailbox on Friday with Aoife in my arms & our mail lady, who keeps chickens herself & whos flock free ranges & lays in eveyrbodys yard but hers, took one look, rolled her eyes & said: Escapee? Yep. At which point she confessed they had just built their girls a brand new coop & yep, everybody's :lau already found their way out!!!

View attachment 2227118
That movie Chicken Run was all too true. They are true escape artists! 😆

Good morning folks :frow

4 more days Bob!:wee
Eat and sleep as much as you can before Sue comes home is my advice.
I plan on following that advice. I'll have to go grocery shopping Wednesday afternoon, when I get home. I've promised her real home cooked food that's not dead and flavorless. Oh, and I'll serve it hot too.

Good morning folks :frow

I plan on following that advice. I'll have to go grocery shopping Wednesday afternoon, when I get home. I've promised her real home cooked food that's not dead and flavorless. Oh, and I'll serve it hot too.
No way you can lose. I'm so excited for you both. :hugs :hugs:clap:clap

Very funny! Good for Marlow. I don’t have a lot of escapes to deal with but Maggie does sometimes rush the door when I go in. Today all 3 ganged up on me and I didn’t have a chance. So we all spent a happy half hour walking around and around the perimeter of the Chicken Palace before going back in for breakfast.
It may have been an official inspection of the foundations.
Exactly. This is why I am keeping my gate between the coop & the run. :)

This is one of the many reasons why I love living in a small town.

A pair of young chickens was found wondering around. A pair of kids were taking care of them until their parents discovered them and out they went. The concerned neighbor came down to my house tonight and asked if I would want a pair of chickens.

Without hesitation Rich said 'bring them down'. I was thinking of would be to cockerels but instead they brought these!!!!

20200705_181343.jpg

20200705_181340.jpg

They are so tiny!!! I've decided to give them to Anna for her birthday. She turns 10 on Wednesday. I think she's going to be super excited!!

Back
Top Bottom