Ribh's D'Coopage

This is one of the many reasons why I love living in a small town.

A pair of young chickens was found wondering around. A pair of kids were taking care of them until their parents discovered them and out they went. The concerned neighbor came down to my house tonight and asked if I would want a pair of chickens.

Without hesitation Rich said 'bring them down'. I was thinking of would be to cockerels but instead they brought these!!!!

View attachment 2228632

View attachment 2228633

They are so tiny!!! I've decided to give them to Anna for her birthday. She turns 10 on Wednesday. I think she's going to be super excited!!
So pretty!! So happy you can give them a home. Do you have any idea where they came from?

Well funnily enough that is why I need to build the step. The Chicken Palace is designed so I can go into my people-only area to avoid being rushed. But then I have to jump down 18” so of course I don’t and I go in through the run to avoid the jump. And then I get rushed! Once the step is in place I won’t avoid the right entrance. OK, now I really am motivated to get it done tomorrow!
My problem is I still think I can outwit a chicken like a 20 year old & I am several decades too old to do that effectively! :lau

My problem is I still think I can outwit a chicken like a 20 year old & I am several decades too old to do that effectively! :lau
It isn’t an age thing. I gave up thinking I could outwit the cats a long time ago and I have just learned that the chickens are the same.
My only trick, which seems to work with both chickens and cats, is to close the door to exclude them from where I want them to go.
It seems like both chickens and cats hate a closed door and the minute you open it they rush through. So if I want them in the coop the best way to get them there is to close the door and not let them in. They bellyache loudly and then when I open the coop door they rush in. Presto! Mission accomplished. 🤣

It isn’t an age thing. I gave up thinking I could outwit the cats a long time ago and I have just learned that the chickens are the same.
My only trick, which seems to work with both chickens and cats, is to close the door to exclude them from where I want them to go.
It seems like both chickens and cats hate a closed door and the minute you open it they rush through. So if I want them in the coop the best way to get them there is to close the door and not let them in. They bellyache loudly and then when I open the coop door they rush in. Presto! Mission accomplished. 🤣
Reverse psychology! Love it!

This is one of the many reasons why I love living in a small town.

A pair of young chickens was found wondering around. A pair of kids were taking care of them until their parents discovered them and out they went. The concerned neighbor came down to my house tonight and asked if I would want a pair of chickens.

Without hesitation Rich said 'bring them down'. I was thinking of would be to cockerels but instead they brought these!!!!

View attachment 2228632

View attachment 2228633

They are so tiny!!! I've decided to give them to Anna for her birthday. She turns 10 on Wednesday. I think she's going to be super excited!!
You are such a good person. Thanks for taking them in and great job Rich!

:love

Back
Top Bottom