Ribh's D'Coopage

Yesterday was Sonic :oops: We left the hospital at lunch time without lunch and grabbed some to go on our way home but didn't eat until we got there. We ate lunch so late that neither of us was hungry for dinner. Tonight will be grilled chicken breast and broccoli.

Good evening folks :frow
Sonic together is still great because you were together. :hugs :hugs

I'm very glad she is home with you again.

Yesterday was Sonic :oops: We left the hospital at lunch time without lunch and grabbed some to go on our way home but didn't eat until we got there. We ate lunch so late that neither of us was hungry for dinner. Tonight will be grilled chicken breast and broccoli.

Good evening folks :frow
Please pass on my best wishes and tell her we are all looking forward to seeing her post again.:hugs

@Kris5902 has not reached the fun part of building~ Flat packs!
Yesterday it was the bunks beds. It should be illegal for whoever does these things to have so little command of the Queen's English they cannot match either the letters or the numbers on the timber to those that came with the instructions for assembly! And that was after I'd negotiated the 2nd web site they gave! The 1st one drew a complete blank!🙄
ad0ac063-eb23-446e-b1b0-cf9e0b7bdc1a.jpg

After 3 hours with little to no forward progress & a multitude of parts that bore little to no resemblance to the diagrams, I called for reinforcements.

The man has no patience for fiddly stuff like this so his solution was a drill & the biggest screws he could find. Baby, this bed ain't going nowhere!!!

This morning I am doing drawers. So far so good but can anyone tell me why the tiny tools they supply don't come with a decent handle?! My fingers are bruised. :hit
I am so over this renno.:(
So are the chickens.
I let them out late yesterday planning to spend some time with them. I got called away to hold something & when I got back 1/2 the flock were next door digging up their yard. I was so out of patience by then I lured everyone home with meal worms & shoved them back in the coop! It has poured steadily the last 2 days so they haven't even had my attention @ meal time. They call frantically anytime I stick my head outside but they cannot be trusted & are having a pretty boring time of it. By Tuesday the worst should be over, the DIL & grand~kiddies will be in residence & I plan on spending a lot of time with my poor girls!​

Yesterday it was the bunks beds. It should be illegal for whoever does these things to have so little command of the Queen's English they cannot match either the letters or the numbers on the timber to those that came with the instructions for assembly! And that was after I'd negotiated the 2nd web site they gave! The 1st one drew a complete blank!🙄
View attachment 2237390
After 3 hours with little to no forward progress & a multitude of parts that bore little to no resemblance to the diagrams, I called for reinforcements.

The man has no patience for fiddly stuff like this so his solution was a drill & the biggest screws he could find. Baby, this bed ain't going nowhere!!!

This morning I am doing drawers. So far so good but can anyone tell me why the tiny tools they supply don't come with a decent handle?! My fingers are bruised. :hit
So are the chickens.
I let them out late yesterday planning to spend some time with them. I got called away to hold something & when I got back 1/2 the flock were next door digging up their yard. I was so out of patience by then I lured everyone home with meal worms & shoved them back in the coop! It has poured steadily the last 2 days so they haven't even had my attention @ meal time. They call frantically anytime I stick my head outside but they cannot be trusted & are having a pretty boring time of it. By Tuesday the worst should be over, the DIL & grand~kiddies will be in residence & I plan on spending a lot of time with my poor girls!​
I know what you mean about flat pack instructions. The ikea ones are usually easy to follow but I once bought a log holder and for the life of me, I could not work out how it went together. It didn't help that the text was in a language I couldn't read. In the end, we threw away the instructions and just worked it out from looking at the parts. I'm still not sure we got it right.

View attachment 2237390

So are the chickens.
It's rough when life keeps you from your girls. I had that yesterday. It was so bad I coxed Aurora and Hattie out of the coop at dusk just to see someone.

If course they didn't mind the meal worms I used to coax them out.

Back
Top Bottom