Ribh's D'Coopage

My idea of joy ~ but neither child has been trained to story books. Mum puts them on IT stuff & then tells me they have short attention spans! 🙄 Neither is keen on being read to. :( My 3 year olds could listen to 3 or 4 picture books in a row, or even a Milly~Molly~Mandy story without trouble & I had a bunch of dyslexic ADDs. Even as High schoolers, in a power outage, mine would ask to be read to to pass the evening. I don't get the technology thing ~ except maybe mum thinks it gives her a break.

My nine year-old son still likes being read to. I’m working my way through Enid Blyton books with him. Although he is also addicted to tech, which is an uphill battle. 🙄

My nine year-old son still likes being read to. I’m working my way through Enid Blyton books with him. Although he is also addicted to tech, which is an uphill battle. 🙄
I read to my two when they were young. I read them The Lord Of The Rings and some Charles Dickens when the were a bit older.

Too many parents today don't take the time to read to their kids. I never had the time but Sue did and was religious about it. Truth be known, I did the mission and Sue raised the kids and she did a great job. Our kids are well adjusted and very good parents today. All Sue's work. I couldn't be prouder.

Reading is essential! Especially with the way kids attach to technology. Nothing like a good old fashioned paper book to learn to read with. And it really is up to the parents to inspire a love of reading. Sure the schools can teach grammar and punctuation (sort of, from what I’ve seen here lately at least) but most passionate readers I’ve met adopted the habit from a parent.

Reading is essential! Especially with the way kids attach to technology. Nothing like a good old fashioned paper book to learn to read with. And it really is up to the parents to inspire a love of reading. Sure the schools can teach grammar and punctuation (sort of, from what I’ve seen here lately at least) but most passionate readers I’ve met adopted the habit from a parent.
It affects so much to do with schooling but I got one non~reader out of 5 & these are his! 🙄 On the other hand my 12 year old began reading Harry Potter aloud to the 6 yr old, who took over reading the book for herself as she considered her older sister too slow. :lau Mind you, we began homeschooling this child because she was already reading & I just felt too old & tired to jump through school hoops about disruptive behaviour again & as I said to the man: what was she supposed to do while everyone else caught up?

It affects so much to do with schooling but I got one non~reader out of 5 & these are his! 🙄 On the other hand my 12 year old began reading Harry Potter aloud to the 6 yr old, who took over reading the book for herself as she considered her older sister too slow. :lau Mind you, we began homeschooling this child because she was already reading & I just felt too old & tired to jump through school hoops about disruptive behaviour again & as I said to the man: what was she supposed to do while everyone else caught up?
Over Christmas break my 10 year old convinced my 6 year old to read Harry Potter. She got quite a ways before deciding it was too scary! No choice about reading around here. One grandmother was a librarian and the other was a Kindergarten teacher!

Diamond found a new home today. He was starting to crow so it was time for him to move on. Facebook has a group called Homesteading in PA. I posted him on there Friday night by Saturday morning he had a new home! He's going to a flock 2 towns over from me.

Here he is right before we handed him over.❤
20200726_120336.jpg

He's going to big like Stanley. He'll do well with his own flock.

Back
Top Bottom